Become a member of VAADA
As a peak organisation, VAADA’s purpose is to ensure that the issues for people experiencing the harms associated with alcohol and other drug use, and the organisations that support them, are well represented in policy and program development and public discussion.
What your membership provides
Representation and participation
- Input into VAADA policy development and position papers
- Representation on key decision-making bodies and forums including Workforce, Forensics, Referece Committees, and the VAADA/Department of Health Sector Program and Services Committee
- Effective advocacy to government, politicians and senior policy makers
- Submissions to government and key decision making bodies
- Participation in the VAADA Sector Development Project
- Participation in the VAADA CEO/Managers Forum
- Conferences and forums (member discount).
- Invitations to member and sector forums
Communications and information
- Media monitoring, liaison and promotion
- Media releases and interviews on key matters
- Regular newsletters
- Email information/discussion list
- Web based information
- Reports on media and Parliamentary debates
- Your application goes before the VAADA Board to be approved at its monthly meeting.
- Once approved a tax invoice will be issued for your membership fee and a Member Kit will be posted out.
- Pro Rata membership fees are applied for new members that join from August onwards in any given year.
- The Pro Rata membership is reduced according to the number of full months remaining in the membership year.
- Membership is renewable on an annual basis (July 1).