Information Sharing Entities & Risk Assessment Entities

What is an ISE?

An Information Sharing Entity (ISE) is an organisation that is prescribed under the Family Violence Sharing Scheme (FVISS) and/ or Child Information Sharing Scheme (CISS).

Only organisations that are prescribed as ISEs are able to share information under the FVISS and CISS.

State-funded AOD agencies are prescribed ISEs.

If you are sharing information with an employee from another agency or institution, you must make sure that the other organisation is also classified as an ISE.

Under the FVISS, an ISE can share information with a victim survivor for a risk management purpose.

What is an RAE?

Risk Assessment Entities (RAEs) are a sub-set of ISEs that can request and disclose information for a family violence assessment purpose under the FVISS to establish the presence and source of family violence risk. RAEs are therefore able to request information from other ISEs about alleged perpetrators, in addition to information about perpetrators, victim survivors and third parties for a family violence assessment purpose.

Which organisations are ISEs?

An ISE is a person or body prescribed (under the Family Violence Protection (Information Sharing and Risk Management) Regulations 2018 or Child Wellbeing and Safety (Information Sharing) Regulations), or a class of person or body prescribed, to be an ISE.

The following types of organisations are prescribed as ISEs:

Responding to Family Violence Capability  Framework Tiers MARAM, FVISS & CISS CISS only
Tier 1
(Specialist family violence and sexual assault practitioners)
  • Child FIRST
  • Child Protection
  • Community based child and family services
  • Family violence specialist services
  • Family violence perpetrator intervention programs or services
  • Risk Assessment and Management panels
  • Sexual assault services
  • Sexually abusive behaviour treatment services
  • The Orange Door (Support and Safety Hubs)
  • Victims of Crime Helpline
  • Victims Assistance Programs
  • Commission for Children and Young People
Tier 2
(Workers in core support or intervention agencies)
  • Homelessness services that provide access point, outreach or accommodation services
  • Housing services (Department of health and human Services provided only)
  • Justice Health services (for children and young people)
  • Victoria police
  • Youth Justice and funded services
  • Youth Parole Boards secretariat
  • Adult Parole Board
  • Children’s Court officials
  • Court-ordered family violence
  • counselling services
  • Corrections Victoria and funded services
  • Justice Health and funded services (for adults)
  • Magistrates’ Court officials
Tier 3
(Workers in mainstream and non-family violence specific support agencies)
  • Designated mental health services


  • Victims Support Agency
  • Financial Counselling Program providers contracted by Consumer Affairs Victoria
  • Tenancy Advice and Advocacy Program providers contracted by Consumer Affairs Victoria
  • Disability Services Commissioner
Tier 4
(Workers in universal services and organisations)
  • Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages


Which organisations are RAEs?

  • State-funded specialist family violence services (including refuges, Men’s Behaviour Change Programs, family violence counselling and therapeutic programs)
  • Risk Assessment and Management Panel (RAMP) members (including those services that would not otherwise be prescribed but only when participating in a RAMP)
  • State-funded sexual assault services
  • Child Protection
  • Child FIRST services (excluding broader family services)
  • Victims Support Agency
  • Victim Assistance Programs and Victims of Crime Helpline)
  • Victoria Police
  • The Orange Door services.