CALD AOD Practitioner Tip Sheets to download:
These tip sheets outline some key issues for consideration when working with clients from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities in the areas of AOD counselling, residential withdrawal settings and intake and assessment settings. Download the tip sheets by clicking on the links below:
- Cultural Cues – working with cultural diversity in AOD counselling
- Cultural Cues – working with cultural diversity in AOD residential withdrawal settings
- Cultural Cues – working with cultural diversity in AOD intake and assessment settings
Inner North Catchment Area Data Sheets:
From Louise Richardson and Mick Thompson’s presentation on the north west Melbourne health data, representing all clients aged 16+ years who accessed Intake and Assessment services in the inner north, north, north west and south west catchment areas. The data was analysed to see the distribution of CALD and non-CALD populations. To view or download click on the links below:
- Inner North Catchment CALD and non-CALD populations
- North Catchment CALD and non-CALD populations
- North West Catchment CALD and non-CALD populations
- South West Catchment CALD and non-CALD populations
The Muslim Youth, Adult & Families (MYAF) is a federally-funded AOD initiative supporting the Islamic population of north-west metropolitan Melbourne to access drug treatment services. MYAF is funded through the North Western Melbourne Primary Health Network (NWMPHN), and comprises a partnership of Alcohol and Drug providers – Odyssey House Victoria (OHV), The Salvation Army, Self Help Addiction Resource Centre (SHARC) and Youth Support and Advocacy Service (YSAS).
The Multicultural Youth Centre supports individuals and families in the Islamic community experiencing Alcohol and Drug related issues. Download the brochure by clicking on the link below.
Click on the link below to access the CALD forum agenda. The agenda has links to presentations available for downloading: