- July 10, 2018
- Posted by: Caitlyn Wilson
- Category: ENEWS
On behalf of Area 4 Pharmacotherapy Network and North West Pharmacotherapy Network.
Widespread use of alcohol and other drugs occurs across Australia and evidence indicates consistently high rates of problematic use, harms and mortality (AIHW 2018). Primary healthcare providers are well-placed to assess and manage patients misusing alcohol and other drugs, and if necessary refer patients to specialist services.
Join us to learn more about the tools available and the skills required to undertake effective Alcohol and other Drug (AOD) assessments in primary care, and to identify appropriate treatment options and pathways to care. Enhance your knowledge to better manage patients within your own practice. Recently developed HealthPathways will be showcased with a discussion on how they can be utilised in your practice and how they can support the implementation of SafeScript, Victoria’s real time prescription monitoring system.
- Effectively use of alcohol and other drug assessment tools in primary care settings
- Apply best practice management approaches for people presenting with alcohol and other drug issues, particularly those dependent on Opioids
- Understand the role of HealthPathways and its application for the management of drug and alcohol issues
- Learn strategies to more effectively engage people in assessing their substance use
Dr Fran Bramwell – General Practitioner, cohealth
Dr Benny Monheit – Addiction Medicine Specialist, SouthCity Clinic, Alfred Health
Danny Jeffcote – Manager AOD and Programs Health Works
Dr Nick Rhodes – General Practitioner, HealthPathways
Audience: GPs, Practice staff, Nurses, Pharmacists, Alcohol and Drug sector staff
Date: 17 July 2018
Time: 7:00pm – 9:00pm Event Program (Registration and catering from 6.30pm)
Venue: Royal Melbourne Hospital, 300 Grattan Street Parkville
Registration: Click here or contact Grant Liptrot for more information on email@example.com or 0439 436 772
RACGP: 4 Category 2 RACGP QI&CPD Points apply