Third dose interval reduced to three months
Message on behalf of the Victorian Department of Health, COVID Vaccination Team
- Effective 19 January 2022, the Victorian Government has reduced the third-dose interval from four months to three months from the second dose at state-run vaccination centres.
- The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are recommended for use as third doses. Both vaccines are considered equally acceptable.
- People aged 18 years and over will now be offered a third dose of a COVID-19 vaccine three months after their second dose.
- Pregnant women aged 18 years and over who received their second dose of a COVID-19 vaccine three or more months ago are recommended to have a third dose.
- Immunocompromised people that have received three primary doses can also receive their fourth dose. The interval has now been reduced from four months to three months from the third dose. You can view ATAGI advice here.
- Visit our website for locations, hours and access information before walking up. Bookings can be made online or by calling 1800 675 398.
- COVID-19 third doses are available for Victorians aged 18 and over from local GPs and pharmacists – the Vaccine Clinic Finder can be used to locate the nearest option.