AOD Clinical Coordinator
(Inner Melbourne, Fixed Term – Full Time)
Enjoy the benefits of working with a growing organisation offering career development, flexibility and an attractive annual salary package.(including leave loading and superannuation)
VincentCare Victoria and The Salvation Army work in consortia to operate the STAR (substance treatment and recovery) program across the Inner North and North West Catchments. The aim of this service is to reduce AOD related harm to individuals and their families by providing an integrated service response. The primary aim of the Clinical Coordinator Role is to provide Clinical oversight and daily Clinical Support to all Clinicians. To facilitate Clinical Review and provide Clinical Supervision. The position will work closely with the Operations Coordinator to oversee all aspects of the STAR program. This position works closely with all treatment types to ensure smooth transition for the client as well as providing effective support through their recovery. Working from a holistic approach towards development of a recovery plan focussing on addressing problematic substance misuse and promoting health/wellbeing and social connectedness. In addition, assisting clients to identify own self efficacy and achieve positive outcomes that can sustain positive, on going behaviour change, improving qualify of life.
VincentCare Victoria is an award winning organisation established to provide a range of accommodation and support services to people that are facing disadvantage throughout metropolitan and regional Victoria.
Our aspiration is to be the leader in providing care, hope and advocacy for those facing disadvantage. Our purpose is to create opportunities and lasting change for the most marginalised. VincentCare is well equipped to provide a continuum of services that effectively meet the needs of people experiencing or at risk of homelessness.
Inner Melbourne Community Hub provides a range of accommodation and support services, including crisis accommodation, drug and alcohol case management, and adult outreach.
Working with VincentCare:
VincentCare celebrates and embraces diversity in our staff and our community. We acknowledge the first people of Australia and their unique role in our history and society. We work with and represent people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. We welcome people of different sexual orientations and gender identities.
A key strategic priority is attracting and retaining skilled and committed employees aligned to our values. VincentCare has over three hundred dedicated, talented and enthusiastic staff working across a range of programs and services and offers a number of benefits including:
- Career Development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Salary Packaging
- Choice of Superannuation fund
- Family friendly and flexibility
- Study leave
- The Ozanam Scholar Bursary
- A relevant tertiary qualification, and /or extensive experience (For example Bachelor Degree) (required)
- Certificate IV Community Services (AOD) or 4 core AOD competencies (required)
- Further qualifications in another discipline or specialist area (For example Graduate Diploma) (desired and preferred)
- Experience in a Leadership role providing clinical support.
- Experience working in and knowledge of the Alcohol and Other Drug and community services sector.
- Extensive knowledge of and capacity to implement comprehensive AOD interventions
- Experience in assisting clients to achieve positive outcomes.
- Knowledge of and the capacity to apply relevant therapeutic frameworks.
- Demonstrated ability to provide Clinical Supervision
- Experience in managing and allocating referrals
- A broad understanding of relevant Primary and Allied Health services, Alcohol and other Drug Treatment services, Mental Health services, Employment, Education and Training options and affordable housing.
How to apply:
Applicants must submit their CV together with a detailed response to each of the key selection criteria in the position description which is available at https://fsr.cvmail.com.au/vincent/.
Please submit your application through our website at https://fsr.cvmail.com.au/vincent/
Phone enquiries may be made to Nicole Thompson, Manager Health and Treatment Services on 0428 746 817.
Applications close: 4 November 2018
VincentCare welcomes applications from people from diverse cultural & linguistic backgrounds including people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Intersex, Aboriginal and/ or Torres Strait Islander
All appointments within VincentCare Victoria are subject to satisfactory completion of a police check and character/performance reference checks. Police checks will be undertaken for the selected candidate prior to any job offer being confirmed. Police checks are also undertaken on a periodic basis during the period of employment.
All appointments are subject to disclosure of any relevant employment history of formal disciplinary action for improper or unprofessional conduct taken by current or previous employers or any other integrity body within or outside Australia.
The incumbent for this position must have and maintain a current Victorian Working with Children Check or equivalent.