- June 25, 2018
- Posted by: Caitlyn Wilson
- Category: ENEWS
There is still time to get tickets to the Melbourne Town Hall for tomorrow night’s “Support. Don’t Punish” forum.
Support Don’t Punish Day of Action is a global initiative supported by 180 NGO around the world calling for drug policies that prioritise public health and human rights.
Tickets can be reserved on Eventbrite booking site.
This forum will feature health professionals, politicians, journalists and community leaders.
Hear from those at the coalface including Tony Trimingham OAM, whose son Damien died of a heroin overdose and now heads a charity offering hope to families with drug problems, Dr Stefan Gruenert, CEO of Odyssey House Victoria, and Sam Biondo, EO of VAADA, representing the Victorian Alcohol and Drug Sector. Hear from drug policy opinion leaders like state MP Fiona Patten who will talk about the recently released Victorian Drug Inquiry and Michael Short, Chief Editorial Writer for The Age.
Let’s inspire an open and vibrant conversation about Australia’s drug policies and discuss the opportunities that exist to reduce the harms associated with drug use in Australia.
FULL SPEAKER LIST:
- Tony Trimingham OAM, CEO of Family Drug Support
- Fiona Patten, MP and Member of the Victorian Drug Inquiry
- Dr Stefan Gruenert, CEO of Odyssey House
- Michael Short, Chief Editorial Writer for The Age
- Sam Biondo, CEO of VAADA, Victorian Alcohol and Drug Association
- Greg Denham, LEAP, Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
- Stephanie Tzanetis, Head of HRV’s Dancewize Program
- Nick Kent, President of Students for Sensible Drug Policy
Join us at the Melbourne Town Hall on the 26th June at 6.00 pm or come early at 5.30 and meet the speakers over Afternoon Tea in the elegant Supper Room. Tickets required.
Tickets and more information at Drug Policy Australia.
Contact Greg Chipp on 0417 773372 for more information.