- July 16, 2018
- Posted by: Caitlyn Wilson
- Category: ENEWS
Posted to ENEWS on behalf of the Area 4 Pharmacotherapy Network
An educational evening to discuss complex pain, addiction & psychiatry conundrums and crossovers.
The event will include a brief update on SafeScript, Victoria’s real-time prescription monitoring system, by Dr Malcolm Dobbin, DHHS Senior Medical Advisor Alcohol and Drugs.
- Dr David Jacka — Addiction Medicine Specialist, Monash Drug and Alcohol Centre
- Dr John Monagle — Pain Specialist, St John of God Hospital
- Dr Malcolm Dobbin — Senior Medical Advisor Alcohol and Drugs, Department of Health and Human Services
Case presentations will be provided by Dr David Jacka and Dr John Monagle.
- Increase collaborative practice between Pain Specialists, Addiction Specialists, and General Practitioners
- Improve patient safety when prescribing opioids and other pain medications
- Improve management of patients who may have both pain and dependence issues
- Explain what SafeScript is, how it will operate and when it should be used by health professionals
Audience: GPs, Pain Specialists, Addiction Medicine Specialists, Psychiatrists and Addiction Psychiatrists
Date: 8 August 2018
Time: 7:00pm – 9:00pm Event Program, Registration and Dinner from 6.30pm
Venue: Nomadic, 74 High St, Berwick 3086
Registration: Click here or contact Michael Abelman on 0436 031 887 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
RACGP: Approved by the RACGP QI&CPD Program. Activity ID: 135073 Total Points: 4 Category 2 points.
Flyer: View the flyer here