Vocational Trainer & Assessors (Alcohol and Other Drugs and/or Mental Health) – Part-time, Full-time and Sessional Options
- Week days and/or Saturdays available!
- Located directly opposite the train station in Glenroy.
- Work for an RTO that can also add to your industry currency.
Youth Projects are on the hunt for either one or multiple amazing AOD trainer and assessors to join our training team. We provide training and assessment in AOD to those working in the industry and to those with lived experience, and given we are also an AOD agency, we get a lot of the right kind of attention!
About the Role
The primary role of the Vocational Trainer & Assessor (AOD) is to deliver and assess the units of competency from the CHC53215 Diploma of Alcohol and Other Drugs and CHC43215 Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs. We require people to work from Wednesday to Saturday.
This role requires (the “Must haves”);
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment; or higher qualification in Adult Education; or TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment plus the additional units required by the National Regulator.
- Current qualification in Alcohol and Other Drugs or a closely related qualification, along with current industry experience.
- Experience delivering training to adults in an RTO requiring compliance to a government funding contract.
What we need from you:
- Prepare, and deliver vocational training and assessment which is engaging; learner focused, and based on adult learning theories and techniques.
- Undertake pre-assessment of potential students to check their suitability to training, and to ensure the program matches their vocational plans.
- Undertake program administration to ensure contractual compliance is maintained.
- Respond to enquiries about training and assessment relating to AOD, leaving clients feeling they have all the information they need to make a decision about enrolling.
- Participate in the YP and MTO teams with activities such as validation; team meetings; providing information to prospective students at open days and expos.
- Organise placements internally and external to YP where/if needed for your students.
These roles are sessional, with the opportunity to grow the role as enrolment numbers grow.
What we offer
- Comprehensive induction and support from our training team
- Inclusive and transparent workplace culture
- Access to learning and development
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Diverse and collaborative team culture. Your success is our success!
Please email applications to email@example.com and include your resume and a cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description.
The position description can be viewed at www.youthprojects.org.au/about/employment-opportunities
Recruitment for this position will be undertaken as applications are received. The position will be filled when a successful candidate has been selected.
For further information, please contact Youth Projects on (03) 9304 9100.
About Youth Projects
Youth Projects is an Australian-based independent, registered charity who recognise the complex and varying needs of our clients and offer a holistic model of care and provide pathways into our award winning employment, education and social enterprise programs. Located at two sites (Hosier Lane and the vibrant Northern region of Melbourne) Youth Projects provides front line support to individuals experiencing disadvantage, unemployment, homelessness, alcohol and other drug issues and young people looking to re-engage with learning and employment.
Our mission is to provide high impact support, no judgement, full stop.
Our commitment to diversity
Youth Projects values diversity and we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions and encourage applications from candidates with a disability, culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and indigenous candidates.
Youth Projects has a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to the provision of a child-safe organisation. All Youth Projects staff must undergo a Police Check and Working with Children Check prior to commencement.