Telehealth Services Counsellors
- 3 X 0.8 EFT positions available working within our Telehealth Service Counsellor Team.
- Those eligible are:
- Grade 2 Registered Psychologists AND Grade 2 Qualified Social Worker. (Permanent 0.8EFT positions available).
- Grade 1 Qualified Social Worker (12-month Temporary Graduate Positions available)
- Located at our Richmond, Victoria Office
- Generous salary packaging options
Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest public health services. We provide a range of emergency, surgical, medical and general healthcare services, including maternity, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care, community health and state-wide specialist services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age, socio-economic status, population and healthcare needs.
About the role
This position is part of a team responsible for the delivery of the telehealth therapeutic options within Specialist Clinical Services (SCS) located within our Richmond based Turning Point offices. At Turning Point there is a focus on providing distance based, outward bound therapeutic interventions focused on Gambling, Alcohol and Other Drugs. Some of the programs implemented within the following team are the Ready 2 Change Program and Diversion Counselling program.
The interventions provided allow clients to engage the same counsellor about their issues using ongoing, structured and modular therapeutic interventions over periods of up to six sessions. Service delivery functions include being responsible for a clinical caseload and the provision of specialised interventions delivered via telehealth mediums as directed. The role will also contribute to project work as required and provision of support to students who participate in placements within our programs.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Provides evidence that complies with the noted discipline qualifications and registration requirements as noted in the respective Position Descriptions
- Post-Graduate qualifications in Addiction, Mental Health or related field is desirable
- Sound theoretical knowledge of psychosocial assessments and interventions in addiction and mental health.
- Ability to conduct a bio-psycho-social assessment through telehealth based approaches.
- Experience and knowledge in a range of therapeutic models and interventions.
- Ability to contribute to improving systems and protocols that ensure continuity of care across the service system.
- Well-developed interpersonal skill and demonstrated ability to consult, liaise and negotiate with service users and professional referrers.
- Ability to function effectively in a multi-disciplinary team. This is expected to include contributing discipline specific skills and perspectives to enhance the functioning of the SCS team.
- Sound knowledge of the relevant legislation and frameworks.
- A demonstrated commitment to professional self-development and quality improvement by participating in own clinical supervision, and other forms of on-going education.
- Ability to provide brief interventions, and crisis assessments as part of your role as an intake clinician.
- Capacity to make informed clinical decisions regarding highly complex referrals.
- Computer skills commensurate with maintaining a referral and resource database, plus the ability to type directly into a database while referrals are being taken via the telephone.
- Incumbent required to undergo a National Criminal History Check.
- Presents and performs in accordance to Eastern Health’s Values.
- Incumbent required to hold a current Working with Children Check valid for employment purposes.
Please refer to the attached position description for further details of the role.
What we offer
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits, view the extensive range here!
- Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Flexible working hours
- Salary packaging options
- Career progression in our teaching hospitals
If you believe you have the ability to make a difference in this rewarding industry, apply today!
- All applications must be submitted online via E-Mercury
- All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Fit2Work Check, where preferred candidates will be required to complete a Criminal History Check at the expense of Eastern Health.
- You must have Australian work rights to apply for this position.
- Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Eastern Health Values: Patients First | Agility | Humility | Respect | Kindness | Excellence