Telephone & Online Counsellor
- Richmond location at Turning Point
- Permanent Full Time or Part Time (48-64 hours per fortnight)
- Flexible working arrangements across a 24 hour, 7 days a week roster
Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest public health services. We provide a range of emergency, surgical, medical and general healthcare services, including maternity, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care, community health and state-wide specialist services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age, socio-economic status, population and healthcare needs.
About the role
Turning Point works collaboratively to improve gambling, alcohol and other drug policy and practise with the aim of maximising the health and wellbeing of people and communities living with and affected by gambling, alcohol and other drug – related harms. We are seeking Telephone and Online Service Clinicians who aspire to work in a growing and innovative environment and expand their clinical skills using different media to provide interventions.
Turning Point Telephone and Online Services program compromises a network of distance – based clinical services for the general community and health and welfare professionals. This includes programs in problem gambling, alcohol and co-morbidity. Services are delivered on a 24/7 basis from the Telephone and Online Services site.
Key service types include:
- Alcohol and other drug telephone helpline programs across multiple states and territories including DirectLine
- Gambling Helpline services across multiple state and territories
- National online counselling services for problem gambling and alcohol and other drugs
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
Counsellors are responsible for the provision of high quality telephone and/or web based assessment, counselling, referral, forum moderation, and consultancy services to the general public and health professionals across the network of Telephone and Online Services.
This may include services associated with alcohol and drugs and/or the gambling harm area. Intervention is provided within a harm minimization framework.
What will you offer us?
- Relevant qualifications combined with demonstrated knowledge of contemporary support and treatment interventions to people affected by alcohol and other drugs and/or problem gambling
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated capacity to work with people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds
- Strong commitment to high quality service
- Experience in telephone/online counselling will be highly regarded
- This position requires the capacity to work a variety of shifts across a 24/7 roster that includes overnight shifts.
Please refer to the attached position description for further details of the role.
Vaccination against infectious disease is a mandatory requirement of this role. An offer of employment is conditional on you providing evidence that you are currently vaccinated against COVID-19 with booster & Influenza, prior to commencing employment.
What we offer
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits, view the extensive range here!
- Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Flexible working hours
- Salary packaging options
- Career progression in our teaching hospitals
If you believe you have the ability to make a difference in this rewarding industry, apply today!
- All applications must be submitted online via E-Mercury
- All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Fit2Work Check, where preferred candidates will be required to complete a Criminal History Check at the expense of Eastern Health.
- You must have Australian work rights to apply for this position.
- Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Eastern Health is a child safe organisation, committed to promoting the wellbeing and cultural safety of Aboriginal children, children with disabilities and all children in their diversity.
Eastern Health is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that welcomes and values all people. We recognise that diversity is essential in ensuring Eastern Health provides the best service to its consumers.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, women, those from the LGBTIQ+ community, people living with disability and those from a culturally and linguistically diverse background, are strongly encouraged to apply. Those seeking support in submitting an application are welcome to contact the hiring manger listed or feel free to contact the Talent Acquisition team.
Values in Action: Respect for all | Safe always | Partnering in care | Learning and improving every day
**Please note applications will be screened upon receipt and advertising may close prior to the closing date.**