Why this role matters
We have an exciting opportunity for a value driven and proactive Team Leader Non Residential Services, AOD and Mental Health Services to provide leadership, supervision and coordination to the non-residential AOD & Mental Health team and programs.
Reporting to the AOD and MH Services Nurse Manager this is a permanent full-time position located in Corio.
The role you could play
- Monitor compliance with funding, organisational and legislative requirements
- Monitor client interventions and progress through regular meetings with non-residential program team members and SAMIS reports
- Monitor service delivery methods to promote best practice standards in line with the AOD National Model of Care
- Facilitate relevant team meetings and client case reviews with the non-residential team
- Network with relevant organisations and agencies to promote holistic and shared care of clients and the promotion of the program
- Recruit, select and induct staff
- Conduct regular (at least monthly) supervision for all direct reports
- Facilitate and source professional development for staff
- Provide reports (oral and/or written) to Manager in a timely manner as requested
- Contribute to funding body reports & submissions in a timely manner as requested by the Manager
As a Team Leader at the Salvos, you will enjoy:
- (Maybe eligible to) NFP salary packaging ($15,900 tax free) plus meals and entertainment benefits
- Employee Assistance Program - Independent confidential counselling service
- Financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
- Discounted health and fitness programs through Fitness Passport
- Up to 8 weeks leave per year through our purchase leave scheme
- Generous Parental Leave offering of 12 weeks
- Up to 5 days paid leave per year to support a TSA program or activity
- An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate and professional team members
- Positively supporting and impacting the lives of others through your career contribution
Salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award, Level 6.
The Salvation Army is subject to public health orders. You may be required to provide evidence of vaccine status dependent on requirements.
Maree Lavecchia at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will close as soon as a suitable candidate is secured. So do not delay in submitting your application today!
The Salvation Army AOD Service
The Salvation Army is one of Australia’s largest providers of alcohol and other drug services. We offer a range of services including Harm Reduction and Primary Health Services as well as a range of treatment types (including residential treatment centres, community-based support programs, counselling and withdrawal management services). We work to a modern, evidence based and holistic Model of Care which can be viewed here: 1._AOD_Model_Of_Care_2021.pdf (salvationarmy.org.au)
Key Selection Criteria
What we're looking for
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Welfare or other relevant human services discipline
- Minimum Cert IV in AOD or the 4 core units
- Qualifications in frontline management desirable
- Experience in AOD and or MH direct service delivery
- Experience in managing a small team
- A current VIC Drivers Licence
- Valid VIC Employee Working with Children Check
- Ability to provide proof of Eligibility to Work in Australia