- Join a friendly and supportive team who have a passion for working with young people.
- Join an organisation that is passionate about making a difference and bringing about change in the lives of young people.
- Use your leadership skills to lead develop a friendly and passionate team.
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The Team Leader of Lead Tenant and AOD oversees a multi-disciplinary team which provide direct service delivery to young people. The team consists of the following; two Lead Tenant Case Managers (Preston), two Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) Youth Support Workers (Preston), a ‘Reach-Out’ Youth AOD worker (Craigieburn) and an AOD Clinician servicing adult clients (Craigieburn). The Programs aims to provide a holistic and collaborative approach to the delivery of quality case management, AOD support services and semi-independent accommodation support to adolescents with diverse and complex needs.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Youth Work, Welfare Work and/or Community Development and experience in working with people with AOD issues.
- Certificate IV in AOD or have completed the required competencies.
- Demonstrated skills in supervising workers in the provision of effective service delivery to young people and the capacity to motivate, lead and empower a staff team to meet program goals and objectives.
- Experience in working supportively and therapeutically with young people and a capacity and commitment to assist them to achieve positive change in their lives
- Knowledge and understanding of Department of Human Services’ Placement and Support and Protective Services and other key stakeholders.
- Appropriate verbal / written communication skills and negotiation skills.
- Ability to contribute and facilitate program and policy development.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How To Apply:
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Joe Kerton, Program Manager Residential Services on 8470 9999 or 0447 500 350.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, and physical ability.