- Generous Salary Packaging
- Employee Assistance Program available
- Fixed-Term contract until 30/04/2024
- Full-time (76 hours per fortnight)
- Remuneration SCHCADS level 6, dependent on qualifications and experience + 10.5 % Employer superannuation
- Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted and interviews will be conducted as needed, so if the below is what you are looking for then don't delay and apply now!
Youth Support + Advocacy Service (YSAS) is one of Australia’s largest and most comprehensive, youth specific community service organisation that enables young people experiencing serious disadvantage to access the resources and support they require to lead healthy and fulfilling lives.
YSAS is a Child Safe organisation. We actively promote the safety and wellbeing of young people, and are committed to protecting young people from harm or abuse who come into contact with and/or access our service. Applicants must undergo rigorous screening and recruitment processes, including providing evidence of current WWCC and National Police Check.
About the position
To provide leadership to a team of Youth AOD Outreach Workers, overseeing the performance of a range of service types which provide support to young people who present with complex substance use, mental health issues, family disconnection and barriers to accessing a range of vital resources such as education and employment, secure housing and opportunities for pro-social community participation. Many clients of our services have involvement with statutory programs including Youth Justice, Community Corrections and Child Protection.
The role will support staff through regular supervision, coaching and facilitating service delivery activities such as intake and allocations meetings and client review processes which are in alignment with the YSAS Model of Care and the YSAS Youth Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) Outreach Service Guidelines.
The Team Leader may be required to maintain a small caseload proportionate to supervision responsibilities, dependant on operational requirements (which can change over time). The Team Leader is also required to undertake Acting Manager responsibilities as required (e.g. when manager is on annual leave).
Some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Provide effective leadership to ensure that young people and their families receive a high-quality service.
- Ensure YSAS services are delivered in accordance with the YSAS Model of Care.
- Coordinate service monitoring responsibilities including intake and allocation, case reviews, supervision and care planning.
- Represent YSAS in a professional manner in local and regional networks and forums.
- Work with manager to contribute to contractual reporting and compliance requirements.
- Work with Manager to develop annual and strategic service development plans as well as identify growth opportunities for service provision.
For full details of the position, please view the POSITION DESCRIPTION below.
- Service delivery aspects of the role may be modified in order to comply with Victorian Government COVID-19 guidelines.
- As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National Criminal History check and have a current Working with Children Check.
- You must have Australian work rights to apply for this position
If you have the skills, experience and share our passion this is your opportunity to contribute to make a difference to the lives of seriously disadvantaged young people. Please apply via our employment page www.ysas.org.au
For a confidential discussion about the position, please contact Daniel Alcock, Community Manager on 0428422107 regarding the Team Leader role – Recruitment Ref.030_2023.
- YSAS is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
- YSAS has a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to the provision of a child-safe organisation.