- Based at the new State of the Art Facility in Ballarat
- $30.55 per hour with generous Salary Packaging options
- Part-Time (0.8 FTE) ongoing role - shift work
Windana is a leading Melbourne-based drug and alcohol treatment organisation specialising in holistic, client-focused recovery services.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping people rebuild their lives in a safe, caring environment, supporting our clients wherever they are in the recovery process.
Windana assists close to 1500 people across Victoria per annum by providing AOD treatment services including residential withdrawal services, residential rehabilitation and a suite of non-residential services.
Windana is a QIP accredited organisation currently employing over 150 highly experienced staff delivering excellent services across multiple sites.
The Therapeutic Community (TC) residents rehabilitate by exploring their own life experiences and learning from the experience and insights of others. In education, therapy, and workgroups which form the basis of the daily routine everyone has an opportunity to explore new ways of experiencing life. The TC is all about change and growth in a supportive and non-judgmental environment.
Located in Ballarat, Grampians TC is a purpose-built facility which commenced operation in 2019.
Directly accountable to the Team Leader, the Support Worker is a community member that ensures the TC is a safe and supportive environment for residents to participate in treatment. The Support Worker provides support and care, performs administration duties, assists with medication administration and ensures ‘community as method’ is evident through role modelling and enacting a rational authority role. The position works across a 24-hour roster and may involve weekday, weekend, sleepover and overnight stand-up work.
If you have any queries, please contact Rhonda Di Blasi via email at rhonda.diBlasi@windana.org.au
Please email your completed application to email@example.com remembering to include your cover letter addressing the selection criteria and a current CV.
We are a child safe and equal employment opportunity employer
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace culture. We encourage people with disability, Aboriginal Australians, LGBTQIA, young people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.
Key Selection Criteria
Who We Are Looking For:
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience working/volunteering within the AOD or mental health sector
- Ability to work, participate and contribute within a multidisciplinary team
- Understanding of the Therapeutic Community model – ATCA Essential Elements
- Ability to write case notes and other essential documentation
- Ability to abide by the Agency’s undertaking re: confidentiality
- Minimum Certificate IV in AOD or other relevant health qualification
- Additional qualifications in addictive behaviour or commitment to work towards it
- A current full driver’s licence
- Commitment to continuous quality improvement and OHS
- Current First Aid certificate or willingness to undertake
- Current Victorian Working with Children’s check or willingness to undertake
- Current Victorian Police Check or willingness to undertake