Full Time or Part Time including job share considered
Why work for us
Melbourne Counselling Service (MCS) is a program of The Salvation Army Australia (TSA) operating across the Alcohol & Other Drugs social mission streams.
MCS operates the following program:
- Gambler’s Help City & Inner North (GHCIN) – GHCIN is part of the Victorian State Government’s Integrated Problem Gambling Strategy; it is one of nine Gambler’s Help (GH) programs funded by the Victoria Responsible Gambling Foundation (VRGF). GHCIN comprises four service components: therapeutic counselling, financial counselling, community education and venue support
Why this role matters
Under direction from the State Administration and Operations Coordinator, the Site and Program Administrator (Melbourne Counselling Services) is responsible for carrying out administrative tasks for the Melbourne Counselling Service and Gamblers Help site and program, to:
- support managers, coordinators, team leaders and staff to deliver the highest standard of business, administrative and customer support within these services
- contribute to consistent and efficient processes across the service and the state.
The role you could play
- Provide administrative & business support for Accounts Payable and other finance duties, Fleet Car Management, Asset Management, Maintenance Management, Procurement requirements & Continuous Quality Improvement project
- Maintain methodical record systems
- Coordinate site postal and mailing requirements.
- Provide administrative assistance with Continuous Quality Improvement projects including the QIP Quality Workplan (2021-2024), National Reconciliation Action Plan and inclusive practice through Rainbow Tick accreditation.
- Ensure building and office equipment is functional, and servicing, maintenance and/or purchasing is carried out as required.
- Assist with the organising of site maintenance, WHS site inspections, quarterly meetings, Solvsafety records and scheduling.
- Carry out reception functions across in-person, phones and email
This is a maximum term 12-month contract covering a worker secondment, paid at a SCHADS Award Level 3. Part time or full time employment considered. Flexible hours will also be considered and should be specified in application.
As a Site and Program Administrator at the Salvos, you will enjoy:
- (Maybe eligible to) NFP salary packaging ($15,900 tax free) plus meals and entertainment benefits (delete if General ABN)
- Employee Assistance Program - Independent confidential counselling service
- Flexible working conditions
- Financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
- Discounted health and fitness programs through Fitness Passport
- Up to 8 weeks leave per year through our purchase leave scheme
- Generous Parental Leave offering of 12 weeks
- Up to 5 days paid leave per year to support a TSA program or activity
- An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate and professional team members
- Positively supporting and impacting the lives of others through your career contribution
The Salvation Army AOD services work with vulnerable clients with multiple health issues. Evidence of vaccine status will be requested with application.
Vanessa Born at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will close as soon as a suitable candidate is secured. Do not delay in submitting your application today !
Key Selection Criteria
What we're looking for
- Demonstrated experience in administration responsibilities
- Well-developed interpersonal and excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to liaise and build strong relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
- High attention to detail with proven ability to maintain confidentiality of service users and professionally handle sensitive data and information
- Demonstrated time management and organisational skills with a proven ability to clarify roles and responsibilities of self and team members whilst monitor task completion to ensure objectives and priorities are met
- A high level of knowledge of administration specific skills, e.g. Word, Excel, IT, finance management, security management and utilises technology and software applications effectively in accordance with task requirements
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to performing duties in a safe manner to ensure safety of self and others
- Relevant Business qualification such as Certificate IV or Diploma in Business Administration (desired)
- A current VIC Drivers Licence
- Valid VIC Employee Working with Children Check
- Ability to provide proof of Eligibility to Work in Australia