Senior Social Work/Psychology Counsellor
- Grade 3 Social Worker or Psychologist
- Two permanent part-time positions (60.8 hours a fortnight each)
- $96,205.20- 113,911.20 depending on experience/qualification
- Attractive Professional Development program
Looking for a leadership role in a specialist sexual assault service and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of those impacted by Sexual Assault?
Eastern Health is the largest public health provider in the eastern suburbs, providing a comprehensive range of high quality services across the continuum of care. We pride ourselves on being a great place to learn and work, offering diverse and engaging career opportunities, continued professional development and salary packaging.
About the Eastern Centre Against Sexual Assault (ECASA)
ECASA provides free counselling and advocacy services to adults and young people/children in the Eastern Region who have experienced sexual assault recently and in the past. The ECASA model of care includes the provision of crisis and short to medium term counselling, group work, professional consultation and professional and community education programs.
About the role
ECASA welcomes applications from experienced Social Workers or Psychologists to join our leadership team. These roles require a strong commitment to trauma-informed collaborative practice and are responsible for the clinical and operational leadership of counsellors in the team, to ensure the delivery of evidence based practice and high quality care. There is also a requirement to provide direct care and lead quality improvement and accreditation activities.
We are seeking a clinician with specialist skills in trauma counselling (specifically in regard to sexual assault) who would enjoy an opportunity to be part of a supportive, experienced and hardworking team. If you are respectful, compassionate, innovative, and reflective and open to learning in your practice and developing team members, we look forward to receiving your application. Experience working in the areas of intake and crisis management and with children and adolescents would be viewed favourably.
The roles are primarily based at our Ringwood East site, but could involve outreach opportunities in the East. There is also a requirement for after-hours on-call duties.
To be successful in this role you should have the following:
- An appropriate tertiary qualification in Social Work or Psychology
- Specialist experience in the area of sexual assault and/or family violence or mental health, with an understanding of trauma assessment and treatment
- An understanding of the dynamics and impact of sexual assault related to adults and young people/children
- A respectful, compassionate, innovative and reflective approach with a passion for making a difference in the lives of those impacted by sexual assault
- Highly developed communication and leadership skills and qualities including self-awareness, and commitment to team growth and performance
- Commitment to Eastern Health values in the delivery of client services and leadership.
Please refer to the attached position description for further details of the role
Vaccination against infectious disease is a mandatory requirement of this role. This offer of employment is conditional on you providing evidence that you are currently vaccinated against COVID-19, prior to commencing employment.
What we offer
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits, view the extensive range Here!
- Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Flexible working hours
- Salary packaging options
- Career progression in our teaching hospitals
- Applications will be screened upon receipt
If you believe you have the ability to make a difference in this rewarding industry, apply today
- All applications must be submitted online via E-Mercury
- All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Fit2Work Check, where preferred candidates will be required to complete a Criminal History Check at the expense of Eastern Health.
- You must have Australian work rights to apply for this position.
- Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Eastern Health is a child safe organisation, committed to promoting the wellbeing and cultural safety of Aboriginal children, children with disabilities and all children in their diversity.
Eastern Health is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that welcomes and values all people. We recognise that diversity is essential in ensuring Eastern Health provides the best service to its consumers.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, those from the LGBTIQ+ community, people living with disability and those from a culturally and linguistically diverse background, are strongly encouraged to apply. Those seeking support in submitting an application are welcome to contact the hiring manger listed or feel free to contact the Talent Acquisition team.
Eastern Health Values: Patients First | Agility | Humility | Respect | Kindness | Excellence
**Please note applications will be screened upon receipt and advertising may close prior to the closing date.**