The Bouverie Centre - La Trobe University
- Job No: 561008
- Work type: Full time, Continuing Position
- Full-time in a collaborative and friendly environment
- Work at the Bouverie Centre Brunswick in this rewarding and varied role
- $77,999 to $84,155 + 17% Superannuation (Increasing to $80,515 to $86,870 on the 1/7/21)
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position will be responsible for implementing two key FaPMI( Families where a parent has a mental illness) measures; a clinical file audit and statewide survey, as well as analysing and reporting qualitative and quantitative data from these measures. You will also produce documentation/operational material to support program quality assurance and consistency of practice, including the continued improvement of the key FaPMI measures. You will support Statewide FaPMI coordinators located in Area Mental Health Services across Victoria, supporting established working groups, orientation processes and statewide meetings and training. The role will also involve development and support for a comprehensive communication strategy that addresses different stakeholder needs. The position provides logistical support to the FaPMI statewided team leader.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
To be considered for this position, you will have tertiary qualification in a relevant field such as administration, health care or evaluation. Demonstrated experience in project planning, management and evaluation as well as relevant experience in a health care or a similar setting. You will also have an understanding of workforce, implementation and service development issues.
ABOUT THE FAPMI PROGRAM
This program aims to reduce the impact of parental mental illness on families and children and is funded by the Victorian Government. FaPMI Statewide is responsible for co-ordinating the FaPMI program at a state level and for supporting co-ordinators located in 21 Area Mental Health Services across Victoria.
ABOUT THE BOUVERIE CENTRE
We believe healthy relationships lie at the heart of social and emotional health. They create opportunity to develop well, shape our ability to care for ourselves and others, and to manage challenging times.
Established in 1956, The Bouverie Centre has developed into an integrated practice-research organisation that is driven by research and grounded in practice. We draw on our history of bringing family therapy to Australia to promote healthy relationships in families, organisations and communities.
Our research aims to understand how relationships and circumstances affect the ability to live a healthy, safe and equitable life course, in all cultures and for all people.
As a value-based learning organisation we work together with colleagues, organisations and communities to create meaningful change. A growing research capacity supports the Centre’s nationally recognised systemic expertise, long standing relationship with health and welfare services, and proven capacity to engage new service systems.
The Bouverie Centre is located with the The School of Psychology and Public Health, La Trobe University
Please see www.bouverie.org.au.
ABOUT LA TROBE UNIVERSITY
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
Please see www.latrobe.edu.au.
A FULL POSITION DESCRIPTION IS ATTACHED BELOW.
A Victorian Working With Children Check is required for this position
Key Selection Criteria
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field such as administration, health care or evaluation.
- Demonstrated experience in project planning, management, and evaluation.
- Relevant experience in a health care or a similar setting.
- Familiarity with computer and web-based applications relevant to the role (Excel, Powerpoint, Question Pro)
- Understanding of workforce, implementation, and service development issues
- Demonstrated capacity to take initiative and be innovative in the approach to the role.
- Proven ability to set priorities, monitor workflows and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with service providers and other stakeholders.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.