Part Time / Full Time (0.8 - 1.0 EFT) fixed term until 30 June 2020 subject to ongoing DHHS recurrent funding
- Competitive salary packaging benefits
- Flexible working arrangements which include various leave options
- Participate in health and wellbeing initiatives and provide a supportive environment where safety comes first.
A Senior Counsellor position has become available in our Alcohol & Other Drug (AOD) Services Team. We are seeking an experienced and reflective senior counsellor who will have qualifications and experience in Alcohol & Other Drugs (AOD) and Mental Health and have a minimum of two (2) years' experience in the counselling field.
We welcome and cater to a diverse client base and are looking for a culturally sensitive senior counsellor whose role will include:
- meeting targets as part of the regional team and will be required to assist with managing forensic clients as required;
- providing leadership, mentoring and clinical supervision to the counselling and broader AOD team;
- provide comprehensive assessment, individual counselling, family counselling and group work; and
- facilitating and developing therapeutic group work.
As the Senior Counsellor AOD you will work closely with your clients and their families to build strong relationships and rapport, to identify client goals and develop a recovery plan that is informed by the initial assessments and treatment plans. You will also provide community education and referrals to other BCH programs and health professionals in the region.
Ballarat Community Health (BCH) provides a broad range of services to the community of Ballarat, with outreach services delivered in the Central Highlands region and beyond. In partnership with the community, we create opportunities and supportive environments which empower people to develop and maintain healthy lifestyles, as well as preventing and managing illness.
Applications close 10pm, Monday 8th April 2019
For further enquiries about this role please contact Human Resources on 03 5338 4500.
If you share our values of Respect, Integrity, Optimism, Courage, Resilience, don't delay. Be part of something special. Apply now.