Exciting opportunity to join our team in the delivery of the NEW GOLD STANDARD in addiction therapies. Called ResetLife, this evidence based, intensive outpatient program offers the opportunity to expand your already extensive therapeutic skills while delivering an abstinence-based treatment program.
If you have significant AOD experience in the delivery of group therapy (minimum CertIV) and are excited by the opportunity to learn about and deliver a new treatment modality, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for great people that live the attitude of unconditional positive regard for both co-workers and clients, who possesses an open mind and a willingness to ‘go the extra mile.’ You will be inspired by the opportunity to deliver new treatment option to clients and most importantly you will thrive on working in a highly collaborative setting.
This is a rare opportunity for the right individual to work alongside the highly experienced addiction medicine practitioners of First Step that includes: doctors, mental health nurses, psychologists, psychiatrists, caseworkers and lawyers among others.
Applications should provide a cover letter that addresses the following Key Selection Criteria (see below), a recent (up to date) resume and 2 professional references.
For more information on the program (run in partnership with South East Melbourne PHN) click here.
**Applications that do not address the Key Selection Criteria will not be considered (see below).
This role is offered on a full time contract basis (6+12 months) EFT 1.0
Competitive Salary Sacrifice options apply
Applications should be emailed as follows:
REF: RSL/Primary Therapist
Note: First Step is an independent not-for-profit organisation that provides a safe and nurturing work environment for people of all backgrounds, genders, religions, sexualities, ethnicities or any other factor.
Key Selection Criteria
Key Selection Criteria:
- Outline your qualifications and experience in Drug and Alcohol treatment (refer Position Description)
- Outline your qualifications and experience of psychological therapies (refer Position Description)
- Compare and contrast your values with those of First Step (as you understand them to be)
- Articulate your ability to collaborate within a multidisciplinary team. Describe your ability to move between different treatment modalities (addiction medicine).
- Describe your willingness and ability to adhere to a prescribed treatment program while treating all individuals with dignity and compassion.
- Outline your recent or ongoing professional development goals