We are looking for an exceptional research or evaluation professional who understands the demands of frontline clinical practice and has high-level critical thinking skills and experience in translating research to practice or policy.
This is an opportunity to join an outstanding team who are committed to designing, developing and managing small to large projects that make a real and significant contribution to health services improvement in the alcohol and other drug sector, from identifying a problem to finding a tailored solution.
As Senior Consultant, you will contribute significantly to the design and structure of project content, critically distilling and translating complex and multifaceted information into recommendations and manage a range of short and long term projects.
If you have experience working with complex systems in an area of clinical health and want to be part of a growing dynamic team that puts our clients and the people they work with front and centre, we'd love to hear from you!
Key Selection Criteria
You must be
- Driven to do work that creates positive practical impact for health services and the people who use them
- A creative thinker that is excited by solving unique and complex problems
- An excellent collaborator with energy and enthusiasm for working closely with both team members and our customers throughout the project design and delivery
- Resilient to a changing environment and to challenges to your work
- Independent and a self-starter, able to work remotely, sometimes in isolation, with minimal supervision
- A strong communicator with the capability to think, articulate and write logically, clearly and simply
You must have
- A postgraduate degree with research training (such as a masters, PhD or Doctorate) in the area of clinical or health services research, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple complex projects simultaneously
- A demonstrated and deep understanding of the complexities of working on the health sector frontline, especially in the areas of alcohol or other drug or mental health – direct clinical practice experience in a mental health or alcohol and other drug service and/or policy experience would put you above the pack
- Demonstrated ability to work super efficiently within agreed time allocation – experience in a private consulting environment would be highly regarded
- Ability to provide intermediate or advanced clinical training would be highly regarded
- Demonstrated high level ability for clinically-relevant interpretation of quantitative and qualitative data
- Demonstrated exceptional writing skills across a range of audiences, including reports, submissions and funding proposals
- Demonstrated outstanding stakeholder management skills, including clear communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated superior conceptual and analytical skills
- Demonstrated high level structured problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated high level organisational skills, including time management
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal, communication and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated excellent presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and motivate others; and to be independent and self-directed with your work