First Step is looking for an exceptional individual to join our Reset Life team in the delivery of an abstinence based treatment program.
This inspiring program has delivered fantastic results in the 18 months that we have been running it. It offers the opportunity to add an extra treatment modality to your portfolio. The right person for this role will have an attitude of unconditional positive regard for both co-workers and clients, an open mind and a willingness to ‘go the extra mile.’ You will be excited to develop new skills and inspired by the opportunity to deliver this exciting treatment option to clients. Most importantly you will thrive on working in a highly collaborative setting.
This is a rare opportunity for the right individual to work alongside and learn from the highly experienced addiction medicine practitioners of First Step that includes: doctors, mental health nurses, psychologists, psychiatrists, caseworkers and lawyers among others.
About First Step
First Step is an addiction & mental health outpatient clinic that has been operating in the City of Port Phillip for over 18 years. Our whole-of-person treatment philosophy seeks to support clients in as many areas of their lives as possible including their physical, mental and social wellbeing. We strive to be highly accessible, providing services free of charge and without referral for our cohort, many of whom have highly complex histories that may include out of home care, early school leaving, abuse and neglect.
The First Step family of practitioners extends to GPs, hepatitis C specialists, mental health nurses, drug and alcohol workers, psychologists, care coordinators, caseworkers, educators and psychiatrists. Uniquely, we also boast a fully integrated pro-bono legal clinic for clients engaged in treatment at First Step.
At First Step we believe that everybody deserves every chance to turn their lives around.
Key Selection Criteria
- Outline your qualifications and experience in Drug and Alcohol treatment (refer Position Description)
- Outline your qualifications and experience of psychological therapies (refer Position Description)
- Compare and contrast your values with those of First Step (as you understand them to be)
- Articulate your ability to collaborate within a multidisciplinary team. Describe your ability to move between different treatment modalities (addiction medicine).
- Describe your willingness and ability to adhere to a prescribed treatment program while treating all individuals with dignity and compassion.
- Outline your recent or ongoing professional development goals
Applications should provide a cover letter that addresses the following Key Selection Criteria (see below), a recent (up to date) resume and 2 professional references.
**Applications that do not address the Key Selection Criteria will not be considered.
Applications should be emailed as follows:
REF: RSL/Primary Therapist
*Note this position will expire as soon as suitable candidate is found.
Note: First Step is an independent not-for-profit organisation that provides a safe and nurturing work environment for people of all backgrounds, genders, religions, sexualities, ethnicities or any other factor