The CoS Case Worker is responsible for coordinating recovery based services to CoS participants.
This position is fixed term ceasing 30 September 2020
You can be more than part of your community - be someone making a difference for people in your community
Grampians Community Health offers a diverse range of employment opportunities and is seeking qualified and experienced professionals looking for a rewarding career, who are passionate about their work and committed to improving the lives of members of the community
Grampians Community Health has generous salary packaging in addition to salary and access to ATO Remote Housing Allowance (for eligible place of residence). Salary packaging is an Australian Taxation Office approved means of restructuring your salary to reduce your taxation
Key Selection Criteria
All Grampians Community Health employees are required to hold a:
- Current National Police Check (no more than 3 months old from date of issue)
- Working with Children CheckComplete a:
- (These checks will be carried out at the expense of Grampians Community Health if required)
- Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme applicationAnd provide proof of qualifications before commencementNote: applications that do not address the key selection criteria will not be considered for interview
- To be considered for an interview all applications must include:
How to apply for a position
- A written letter of application
- Separately addressed key selection criteria
- Current resume
- Current referee list (including relationship to referee)Completed applications for vacancies must be forwarded by 12pm of the closing date to: email@example.com
- Or forwarded by mail headed with the vacancy title to: Employment, Grampians Community Health, 8-22 Patrick Street, Stawell VIC 3380
- Relevant Diploma, Certificate IV in Mental Health or Alcohol & other Drug or related field or two to three years’ experience working in a relevant field and a willingness to attain further qualifications
- Tertiary qualification in Human or Community Services field
- Solid understanding of the disability sector
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Sound understanding of the strength based recovery framework and ability to implement
Demonstrated skills, experience and/or understanding of:
- Strong commitment to the rights and needs of individuals with mental illness, their families and carers.
- Demonstrated case management experience working with individuals who experience mental illness, disability or people facing disadvantage or adversity, in a strength based recovery focused model of service delivery.
- Comprehensive understanding and working knowledge of a strength-based recovery orientation.
- Demonstrated experience working with and collaborating with a number of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated attention to detail with well-developed administrative and organisational skills to effectively manage high volumes of work and determine priorities, meet targets and deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Well-developed organisational skills with the ability to prioritise multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of computer software, including Microsoft Office and the Internet.
- High level verbal and written communication skills that enable effective and appropriate communication with a broad range of people at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to positive workplace cultural and practices.