First Step is looking for an exceptional individual to join a new team in the delivery of an abstinence-based treatment program called ResetLife.
This role will offer the opportunity to develop your skills while working alongside experienced practitioners in a group therapy environment.
To succeed in this role you will possess an attitude of unconditional positive regard towards both co-workers and clients, an open mind and a willingness to ‘go the extra mile.’ You will be excited to develop new skills and be inspired by the opportunity to deliver a new treatment option to clients. Most importantly you will thrive on working in a highly collaborative setting.
This is a rare opportunity for the right individual to learn from the team of highly experienced addiction medicine practitioners of First Step that includes: doctors, mental health nurses, psychologists, psychiatrists, caseworkers and lawyers among others.
*Note that this role will expire as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
First Step is an addiction & mental health outpatient clinic that has been operating in the City of Port Phillip for over 20 years.
Our whole-of-person treatment philosophy seeks to support clients in as many areas of their lives as possible including their physical, mental and social wellbeing. We strive to be highly accessible, providing services free of charge and without referral for our cohort, many of whom have highly complex histories that may include out of home care, early school leaving, abuse and neglect.
The First Step family of practitioners extends to GPs, hepatitis C specialists, mental health nurses, drug and alcohol workers, psychologists, care coordinators, caseworkers, educators and psychiatrists. Uniquely, we also boast a fully integrated pro-bono legal clinic for clients engaged in treatment at First Step.
At First Step we believe that everybody deserves every chance to turn their life around.
Key Selection Criteria
1. Outline your experience (lived or other) in AOD and/or any training you may have completed or be in the process of completing (refer Position Description)
2. Describe any experience you may have working with clients within a group context (refer Position description)
3. Briefly Compare and contrast your values with those of First Step (as you understand them to be)
4. Describe your willingness and ability to adhere to a prescribed treatment program while treating all individuals with dignity and compassion.
5. Outline your recent or ongoing professional development goals
NB: Initially this role is offered on a part time contract basis (6 months) EFT 0.6 *further extensions possible pending ongoing funding.
**Competitive salary sacrificing benefits apply
Applications should include the following:
1. Cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria
2. Up to date CV
3. Details of 2 professional referees
Applications should be emailed to:
REF: RSL/Support Coordinator
Note: First Step is an independent not-for-profit organisation that provides a safe and nurturing work environment for people of all backgrounds, genders, religions, sexualities, ethnicities or any other factor.