Peer Harm Reduction Practitioner
Community Development Worker
Job Reference No VAC0735
- Two Generous Salary Sacrificing Options
- Work in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Community participation and engagement
Star Health, in partnership with Thorne Harbour Health, is funded to provide targeted harm reduction services and health promotion to people who use drugs usually associated with nightclubs. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a Harm Reduction initiative operating across the Cities of Port Phillip and Stonnington. The Peer Harm Reduction Practitioner will develop initiatives aimed at reducing harms for people who use drugs and partner with people who use them to develop online materials and training that promote safer practices including the prevention and management of drug-related overdose. The successful candidate will have a range of knowledge and skills with the capacity to adapt to changing circumstances as regulations relating to social distancing and coronavirus will impact on the project.
Applicants must address the Key Capabilities – Essential within the covering letter and complete our application form directly from our website http://www.starhealth.org.au/career/current-vacancies/
For information about the role, please contact Ele Morrison on 03 9525 1300 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Wednesday 30th September 2020 @ 5pm.
Key Selection Criteria
To star in this role you will have:
- A professional qualification in Certificate IV in Alcohol & Other Drugs or similar or equivalent life/work experience.
- Experience in providing harm reduction health promotion training and resources.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people use drugs in a non-judgmental way through lived experience.
- Excellent knowledge of the social model of health.
- A clear understanding of written & verbal communication skills including computers, networking & presentations.