- Part Time Position
- Fixed Term until 30th June 2019 with possibility of ongoing work
- Box Hill Location, Victoria
About the Role:
The SURe Outreach Drug and Alcohol Nurse will provide accessible, high quality, therapeutic alcohol and drug support and associated health services to the target group. This service type aims to reduce AOD related harm to individuals and their families by providing an integrated service response. The Outreach Drug and Alcohol Nurse will manage the provision of withdrawal treatment and services to individuals and families impacted by AOD use. The Outreach Drug and Alcohol Nurse is part of the team of AOD services offered to clients in the Inner Eastern Region of Melbourne
The position will:
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, to contribute to the program and team development;
- Provide high quality engagement, assessment, treatment and support to individuals who access the AOD Program including counselling, case management, relapse prevention, brief intervention and group work;
- Provide high quality, evidence based services to assist with the clinical assessment, medical management and supervision of clients wishing to reduce, stabilise or cease their problematic use of alcohol and drugs;
- Provide ongoing clinical monitoring of withdrawal symptoms in close liaison with medical practitioners;
- Build on and maintain referral and feedback pathways with local General Practitioners, Mental Health Services and other Health, Welfare and AOD providers;
- Encourage strong community and sector connections to support improved coordination of service planning, delivery and review.
- Minimum qualification and registration as a Div. 1 nurse as per the Victorian Nurses Registration Board;
- Demonstrated experience working with AOD clients both voluntary and forensic;
- Demonstrated experience in providing monitoring and support to clients wishing to reduce or cease their alcohol and drug use;
- Demonstrated experience liaising with medical practitioners and broader health services to ensure an integrated service model;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Harm Reduction principles and strategies, with particular understanding of relevance to clients with co-occurring conditions;
- The successful applicant will be required to provide a: National Police Check, Working with children check (employee card only) and full drivers licence.
Why You Should Apply?
Join a vibrant and innovative not for profit organisation committed to an integrated approach to service, and help make a positive difference in the lives of over forty thousand people each year.;#We are situated within the community and in most cases close to major shopping precincts. We offer a family friendly workplace. Not For Profit Salary Packaging Available.
Join a strong supportive team. Receive clinical supervision and support. Potential for position extension.
Key Selection Criteria
A contemporary not-for-profit EACH provides a range of health disability, counselling and mental health services to the community. From humble beginnings established in the Outer East of Melbourne over 44 years ago, committed teams at EACH now consist of over 1300 staff across 65 sites throughout the eastern states of Australia. Together we support over 40 000 clients annually.
At EACH, our vision is for a healthy and inclusive community. Our values promote Customer Centricity, Social Justice, Service Excellence, Innovation and Collaboration - and these underpin the way we work and deliver our services. You can find out more about us here - http://www.each.com.au
We recognise that not everyone experiences life equally. Our focus is about creating opportunities for equitable outcomes. No matter what someone's starting place, we will support them to achieve their goals.
We embrace diversity in all its forms and respect everyone's strength and contributions irrespective of gender, ethnicity, culture, religious beliefs, sexual orientation and political views.
Applicants are requested to submit a resume and cover letter outlining their suitability for the role.
For a full position description and/or to apply on line please visit our Careers Centre at http://each.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies.
For specific information about the role, please contact: Helen Nickson or Jinesh Wilmot on (03) 8892-4200
Shortlisted Applicants will be contacted by 27 /03/2019 Interviews are expected to take place from 28/03/2019
Vacancy closes 5pm 26/03/2019
We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusions brings, and in turn encourage people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies.
Please note that all appointments are subject to one or more of the following forms of pre-employment safety screening checks including; Police Record Check, Working with Children Check, Disability Work Exclusion Scheme Check, Reference Checks and APHRA Registration Check.
For a full position description and/or to apply on line please visit our Careers Centre at http://each.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies and quote reference number:4610501. Applications close 26 March 2019