Nurse Unit Manager – Turning Point Addiction Medicine Unit
- Senior nursing leadership role in Addiction Medicine
- Professional development opportunities
- Permanent full-time role
Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest public health services. We provide a comprehensive range of high quality acute, sub-acute, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care and community health services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age, socio-economic status, population and healthcare needs.
An opportunity exists for a senior Registered Nurse with recent leadership and management experience to undertake the role of a Nurse Unit Manager Grade 4 at Turning Point Addiction Medicine Unit, Eastern Health, Box Hill. The position will be responsible for the management of a 20 bed residential withdrawal unit (12 at Wellington House and 8 at Ward 1 East, Box Hill hospital) and is a permanent full-time position. Wellington House and Ward 1 East Residential Withdrawal Units, Box Hill.
Turning Point is a national addiction treatment centre, dedicated to providing high quality, evidence-based treatment to people adversely affected by alcohol, drugs and gambling, integrated with world leading research and education.
This is an exiting opportunity to be part of the senior management team at Eastern Health and make a difference. Your supportive and engaging style will allow you to role model best practice behaviours and values through your leadership which will ensure the nursing team are delivering excellent and consistent patient orientated care.
To be successful in this role you should possess:
- Degree in Nursing which meets AHPRA registration requirements
- Post-graduate qualifications in AOD and or/management studies or working towards
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a management or similar role
- Demonstrated ability and experience in the leadership of a multidisciplinary team
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills, as well as sound oral and writing skills
- Commitment to the principles of client centred, Strengths Model of Care
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits, view the extensive range here!
The benefits of working for Eastern Health include:
- Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Flexible working hours
- Salary packaging options
- Career progression in our teaching hospitals
If you have the ability and drive to make a difference take hold of this opportunity and apply today!
For full details refer to the attached Position Description and direct all enquiries to the contact person listed.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory police records check.
You must have the right to permanently live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
Please submit all applications online.
Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Eastern Health Values: Patients First: Agility: Humility: Respect: Kindness: Excellence