The Geelong Withdrawal Unit provides a residential medicated withdrawal service for those who are seeking to recover from alcohol and other drugs issues. Clients reside in the Unit during their episode of care and are provided with all meals and facilities. Clients can remain in the programme for a further 21 days (Stage 2) post their medicated withdrawal (Stage 1) to stabilise and plan for their recovery post discharge.
Nursing staff are employed to cover the 24-hour period with clinical supervision provided by the Nursing Coordinator and Visiting Medical Officer (GP)
We are currently seeking a proactive and motivated Team Leader with proven experience in AOD withdrawal management and Mental Health knowledge to provide leadership, support and supervision to the Nursing and Intake teams at GWU. Other key responsibilities include:
- Provide partnership with the AOD Team Leader and teams
- To ensure the delivery of professional, evidence based and holistic care to all clients engaging with GWU in line with the TSA Model of Care and Regulatory bodies requirements
- Management of Unit Pharmaceutical requirements in adherence with the Poison Control Plan for GWU
- Monitor Nurse Practitioner availability, appointments and service delivery including documentation
- Rostering is supervised ensuring adequate staffing across all shifts and management of leave entitlements
- Nursing staff prepared and applicable to facilitate student nurses on placement
This position is located at the AOD Barwon, Geelong Withdrawal Unit Corio.
WHAT WE OFFER
- As a registered not for profit organisation in addition to your remuneration you will enjoy generous tax-free salary packaging benefits, in addition to your remuneration
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your immediate family members
- Corporate Private Health Insurance rates
- Supportive and encouraging organisation
HOURS AND SALARY
This is a part-time position, 30.4 hours per week ongoing.
Salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Nurses Award 2010 Grade 4A.
For enquiries please contact Christine Gleeson on 03 52753500
Key Selection Criteria
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- AOD/MH Nursing – demonstrated experience in AOD withdrawal management and Mental Health knowledge
- Experience managing teams in the healthcare setting
- Skills in management of challenging behaviours
- DIV 1 RN with current APHRA registration
- Cert IV in AOD or AOD core competencies (4Units)
- A current Victorian Drivers Licence is essential
- Be able to provide proof of Eligibility to Work in Australia
- Valid Working with Children Check (Vic)