Start your career with The Salvation Army today!
The role you could play
We are seeking a dedicated Nurse Team Leader to join our Barwon AOD Service at our Geelong Withdrawal Unit! You will provide leadership, support and supervision to the Nursing Team at GWU and partnership to the AOD Program Coordinator and team. You will ensure the delivery of evidence based and holistic care to all clients engaging with GWU.
- Monitor Medical Practitioner availability, appointments and service delivery including documentation
- Ensure Medical Practitioners are informed about client’s conditions to make informed decisions for care
- Assist unit teams, including transporting of clients for medical assessment (GP clinic or testing)
- Liaise with Deakin University for Student Nurse placements and with the AOD Program Coordinator for participation in GWU program during placement
- Assist with recruiting, selecting and inducting staff to the unit
This is a permanent full-time position based in Barwon, VIC. Salary and conditions are in accordance with the Enterprise Agreement.
Benefits working at The Salvation Army
- We offer our eligible employees NFP salary packaging ($15,900 tax free) plus meals and entertainment benefit ($2,650)
- Health, fitness, financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits;
- Employee Assistance Program - Independent confidential counselling service;
- Opportunity for career development;
- Paid parental leave - 12 weeks
- Up to 8 weeks leave per year through our purchase leave scheme
- Up to 5 days paid leave per year to 'volunteer' in a TSA program or activity
- An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate and professional team members
- Positively supporting and impacting the lives of others through your career contribution
Applications will close as soon as a suitable candidate is secured.
Key Selection Criteria
The ideal candidate will have
- Certificate IV in AOD and/or AOD 4 core competency units
- DIV 1 RN with current APHRA Registration
- Experience in AOD withdrawal management and Mental Health knowledge
- Strong understanding of the health and AOD harm reduction needs and managing challenging behaviours
- Experience in the leadership of staff with strong verbal and communication skills