- Employment Type (Perm Part Time)
- Location: Box Hill and Ringwood East
- Great service delivery and supportive team
Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest public health services. We provide a range of emergency, surgical, medical and general healthcare services, including maternity, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care, community health and state-wide specialist services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age, socio-economic status, population and healthcare needs.
About the role
We are currently looking for a passionate, kind and enthusiastic Non Residential Withdrawal Nurse (NRW) to join our multi-disciplinary team based in Box Hill and Ringwood East. The key role of a NRW nurse will be to support clients with substance use disorders to safely achieve neuroadaptation reversal or stabilisation through an abrupt cessation or gradual reducing regime. The role will also include undertaking comprehensive assessments for clients seeking admission to our residential withdrawal unit (Turning Point Addiction Medicine Unit). The successful applicant will demonstrate experience and skills in alcohol and other drug assessments, withdrawal management, and client referral pathways.
For detailed information please refer to the position description
What we offer
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits, view the extensive range here!
- Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Flexible working hours
- Salary packaging options
- Career progression in our teaching hospitals
If you believe you have the ability to make a difference in this rewarding industry, apply today!
- All applications must be submitted online via E-Mercury
- All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Fit2Work Check, where preferred candidates will be required to complete a Criminal History Check at the expense of Eastern Health.
- You must have Australian work rights to apply for this position.
- Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Eastern Health Values: Patients First | Agility | Humility | Respect | Kindness | Excellence
Key Selection Criteria
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Current nursing registration with AHPRA
- Post Graduate qualifications in AOD/ mental health nursing
- Highly developed interpersonal and leadership experience
- A strong commitment to high quality care
- The ability to work as part of a diverse team
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
Please refer to the attached position description for further details of the role.