- $110K per annum plus Super and Salary Packaging
- Permanent Full Time with ADO
- Registered Nurse (Div. 1)
- Relocation Assistance available for the right candidate
Nexus Primary Health (Nexus) is a non-profit organisation and is committed to excellence in the delivery of holistic, accessible, community-based health services that meet quality and safety standards. Nexus is a health promoting workplace that actively celebrates and promotes diversity of backgrounds and differences to realise the potential of our employees. We are supportive of people who have been out of the workforce for an extended period. We encourage job applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander People, people with disabilities, people from the LGBTI community and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Why join us?
- Working for a respected and sustainable organisation.
- Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
- Salary Packaging for employees (incl. $15,900 tax free annually).
- Secure hours and pay.
- Become part of a collaborative and dynamic team.
- Flexible work arrangements, including purchased leave - family friendly.
- Professional development opportunities and supervision.
- Onsite parking and access to work vehicles.
- Opportunities to work from home.
About the opportunity
The Withdrawal Nurse is responsible for the provision of specialist drug and alcohol outreach withdrawal services and individual case management to clients including clinical assessment, care planning, interventions, and risk assessment. The role provides expert advice and support, across the Lower Hume Alcohol, Other Drugs (AOD) catchment, to individuals and professionals in relation to people seeking health and medication information and support linking in with local GP's. The role aims to support a person to cease or reduce alcohol and other drug use to a level that restores their health and wellbeing
The position will work directly with clients and their families through a variety of modalities including technology driven and face to face meetings to ensure that support requirements are accurately assessed and provided. The role is based across all sites including Broadford, Seymour, Wallan and Kinglake as well as on an outreach basis.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Current registration with Australian Health Practitioner Registration Australia - (AHPRA) as Registered Nurse Division 1.
- Extensive experience working with AOD clients.
- You may hold other qualifications related to work in this field (i.e., Alcohol and Other Drugs, Mental Health, Dual Diagnosis or Counselling).
- Case management experience.
- Understanding of the knowledge and skills required in working with diverse members of the community.
- Knowledge of principles of prevention and harm minimisation as these relate to alcohol and other drug use.
- Demonstrated understanding of the clinical nursing requirements for drug and alcohol withdrawal;
- Dual diagnosis capacity and ability to practice utilising the recovery approach in a community setting.
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge of working with clients within a strength based, client centred and trauma informed framework.
If you are interested in the opportunity or have any questions please call to speak with Erica Heers, Alcohol and Other Drugs Team Leader on 1300 77 33 52.
Only those who meet the Selection Criteria will be eligible to apply for this vacancy.
Nexus is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All successful applicants will undergo rigorous compliance screening prior to their appointment. Successful candidates are required to have a current Police Check, a Working with Children's check and an NDIS Worker Screening clearance. Must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and yearly for Influenza.