Job reference: CS128
We have an exciting opportunity for a Naturopath to join our team located in Barwon, on a fixed term Part-time basis with flexible working arrangements.
Windana Drug and Alcohol Recovery Limited. is a leading Victorian-based drug and alcohol treatment organisation.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping people rebuild their lives in a safe, caring environment, supporting our clients wherever they are in the recovery process.
The Naturopath is responsible for providing Naturopathic consultations at the Barwon Therapeutic Community (TC), as well as for the general community and ex-residents as needed.
Responsibilities include, to:
- Perform duties within the context of the Windana’s philosophy, policies and procedures.
- Provide naturopathic consultations and prescribe supplements for residential clients at Barwon Therapeutic Community
- Facilitate weekly ‘Wellbeing Groups’ for residents at Barwon Therapeutic Community
- Conduct weekly packing into dosette boxes of resident’s naturopathic supplements
- Participate in meetings, including operational meetings and supervision as required
- Ensure timely naturopathic stock preparation and provision to Barwon Therapeutic Community
- Report against targets on a monthly basis via the WHH Client Count
- Adhere to the monthly program budgets for Naturopathic medications (Barwon Therapeutic Community) via stock transfers and the POS
- Supervise Volunteer Naturopaths onsite
- Work with other WHH Staff as needed to support the Food as Medicine Program via menu planning, menu review, involvement in kitchen procedures where appropriate and ‘Nutrition Committees’.
- Assist the Program Coordinator Health & Healing with other duties and projects where time constraints allow
- Seek out and propose new opportunities, relationships, improvements, and activities to increase access to WHH.
Salary will be in the range of $32.75 – $35.35 per hour, based on skills and experience plus superannuation
- Extensive salary packaging options to reduce amount of tax you pay
- Access to Employee Assistant Program
- Flexible working options
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience of at least 2 years in providing naturopathic consultations in a community setting
- Experience in facilitating training/information sessions
- Bachelor of Health Science in Naturopathy
- First aid certificate
- Appropriate insurance and association membership.
- Experience in a not-for-profit organisation and AOD organisation/working with vulnerable populations
- AOD Certificate IV or Cert IV core competencies, or willingness to work towards
- Experience in group facilitation
If this looks like a role that’s right for you, APPLY NOW or contact Erika Wiseman via email on Erika.email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
To apply, please email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- A covering letter addressing your key selection criteria from the Position Descriptionin relation to this position. To view the Position Description please Click here; and
- A copy of your current CV.
Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged.
Applications closing date: Friday 21 January 2022
Windana adheres to Government mandates in relation to COVID-19
A valid Working with Children Check is mandatory for this position and a police check will be administered for preferred candidates. We are a child safe and equal employment opportunity employer.