The Membership Development Project Lead is a three-to-four month role (13-16 weeks) with a focus on five activity areas pertaining to membership (see Key Responsibilities) and has specific responsibility for the development of the VMIAC Membership Strategy.
The short-term role is seen as being critical to VMIAC’s strategic and operational priorities and is being initiated in the context of the release of the Final Report of the Victorian Government’s Commission into Mental Health. The changes to the mental health system proposed by the Commission will require a robust and active consumer voice throughout an extended design and implementation period. VMIAC seeks to support and ensure the depth and breadth of the consumer voice and to ensure we remain deeply connected to the views and experience of our members.
In addition to developing the membership strategy, the Membership Development Project Lead will make valuable contribution to immediate improvements to VMIACs way of working with members and in contributing to designing the longer-term membership engagement and support function for the organisation. The Membership Lead will have a close working relationship with the VMIAC Royal Commission Project Officer in respect to organising and supporting related member and consumer consultations.
Additionally, the Membership Development Project Lead will provide, on an interim basis, executive support to the VMIAC Membership Sub-committee and participate as a member of the organisation’s leadership and management group.
THIS IS A LIVED EXPERIENCE POSITION
Applicants must have lived experience of mental health problems or emotional distress and of being a consumer of mental health services. Applicants must consider themselves to be work ready at a senior project level. VMIAC will work with the successful applicant, at their choice, to develop a workplace wellbeing plan to support emotional wellbeing in addition to providing regular support and supervision.
Flexible employment arrangements
This is an exciting developmental position that may be filled short-term by direct appointment or secondment or other viable contractual arrangement. The position is expected to be 0.8 to full time and work arrangements can be negotiated to be flexible. The incumbent will be eligible to apply for any ongoing role that becomes available. An attractive remuneration package applies including salary sacrifice.
Key Selection Criteria
ESSENTIAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Understanding of a membership-based organisation and experience in working with a diverse membership.
- Experience relevant to the development of organisation strategy in respect to members or other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in working with consumers and from a consumer perspective including in organising and leading engagement and consultation processes.
- Knowledge and/or experience of the issues facing consumers of mental health services.
- Strong communication skills – in person and in writing.
- Experience in delivering and managing time-limited projects.
- Tertiary education in community services, community development or other relevant areas or an equivalent combination of experience, education or training.
- A current Victorian Driver's Licence and is prepared to travel for work purposes.
Preferred candidates are required to complete and/or provide Police and Working with Children checks prior to final confirmation and commencement of employment.