Why work for us
The Salvation Army is one of Australia’s largest providers of alcohol and other drug services. We offer a range of services including Harm Reduction and Primary Health Services as well as a range of treatment types (including residential treatment centres, community-based support programs, counselling and withdrawal management services). We work to a modern, evidence based and holistic Model of Care which can be viewed here: 1._AOD_Model_Of_Care_2021.pdf (salvationarmy.org.au)
Why this role matters
The Manager AOD is responsible for the Management of the Victorian Gamblers Help Foundation Services in the City, Inner North and Inner West Catchments, specifically:
- Maintaining positive operational partnership relationships
- Providing management oversight of the Service, ensuring high quality service level outcomes and staff performance
- Ensure clinical governance requirements for the provision of health services mandated by legislation are adhered to
The role you could play
- Manage Melbourne Counselling Service programs within approved budgets
- Meet all funding body and legislative requirements
- Develop service-specific, processes and guidelines and operational frameworks defining priorities and establish clear standards for operation and practice
- Collect and analyse accurate data relating to programs, and use data to review and evaluate service delivery outcomes and models
- Identify and action opportunities to develop and deliver new support services which align with Crossroads Youth & Family Services Network strategic directions
- Identify new sources of income or funding streams and prepare proposals or tenders
- Ensure Melbourne Counselling Service vision and direction aligns with the National AOD Model of Care and Stream strategic directions
- Demonstrate a positive work culture
- Actively develop and maintain community links and networks
This is a permanent full time position based in CBD Melbourne. Salary and conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award, Level 7.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor of Human Services, Master of Social Work
- Relevant experience in a social service environment
- A current VIC Drivers Licence
- Valid VIC Employee Working with Children Check
- Ability to provide proof of Eligibility to Work in Australia
The Salvation Army is subject to public health orders. You will be required to provide evidence of vaccine status dependent on requirements.
Juanita Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will close as soon as a suitable candidate is secured. Do not delay in submitting your application today!
The Salvation Army is one of Australia’s largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people. We value people of all cultures, languages, capacities, sexual orientations, gender identities and/or expressions. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islander people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation and is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We are committed to providing a safe environment for our people. Please note that The Salvation Army has a mandatory vaccination procedure.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration
Key Selection Criteria
As a Manager at the Salvos you will enjoy:
- (Maybe eligible to) NFP salary packaging ($15,900 tax free) plus meals and entertainment benefits
- Employee Assistance Program - Independent confidential counselling service
- Flexible working conditions
- Financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
- Discounted health and fitness programs through Fitness Passport
- Up to 8 weeks leave per year through our purchase leave scheme
- Generous Parental Leave offering of 12 weeks
- Up to 5 days paid leave per year to support a TSA program or activity
- An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate and professional team members
- Positively supporting and impacting the lives of others through your career contribution