Exciting NEW development in AOD addiction treatment! First Step is poised to deliver a new GOLD STANDARD in the treatment of AOD addiction. Developed in the US and known here as ResetLife, First Step will be only the second organisation in Australia to deliver this innovative, evidence-based abstinence program.
If you have significant AOD experience in the delivery of group therapy and are excited by the opportunity to learn about a new treatment modality we want to hear from you.
This is a rare opportunity for the right individual to work alongside the highly experienced, multi-disciplinary team at First Step team that includes doctors, mental health nurses, psychologists, psychiatrists, caseworkers and lawyers among others.
For more information about the ResetLife program go to https://www.firststep.org.au/careers
*Note that extensive training will be provided in the new treatment modalities.
This position is offered as a full time contract position (6+12 months) EFT 1.0
Generous Salary Sacrifice options apply
Applications should include:
1. Cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria
2. Up to date resume/CV
3. Details of 2 professional referees
*Applications that do not address the Key Selection Criteria will not be considered
Applications should be emailed as follows:
REF: RSL/Key Supervisor
Note: First Step is a independent not-for-profit organisation that provides a safe and nurturing work environment for people of all backgrounds, genders, religions, sexualities, ethnicities or any other factor.
Key Selection Criteria
- Outline your qualifications and experience in Drug and Alcohol treatment (refer Position Description)
- Outline your qualifications and experience in psychological therapies & the physiology of addiction (refer Position Description)
- Outline your qualifications & experience in leading a team (refer Position Description)
- Articulate your ability to collaborate within a multidisciplinary team. Describe your ability to move between different treatment modalities (addiction medicine).
- Describe your willingness and ability to adhere to a prescribed treatment program while treating all individuals with dignity and compassion
- Outline your recent or ongoing professional development goals