Facilitate pathways for marginalised young people into mainstream mental health, alcohol/drug, other health, welfare, education/training community services.
About the organisation
Jesuit Social Services is a social change organisation working to build a just society where all people can live to their full potential.
Since 1977, we’ve provided services in some of the most disadvantaged in our community.
We place a high priority on advocacy and are a leader in policy development and research.
About the program
Connexions seek to improve the quality of life of young people 16-28 years with concerns associated with mental illness and substance misuse.
Services include, flexible therapeutic counselling, assertive casework, risk assessment, advocacy, drug and alcohol interventions, information and referral.
About the role
We are seeking two qualified, experienced and enthusiastic individuals to join the Connexions Program in the role of an Integrated Dual Diagnosis Worker. The successful applicants will have an understanding of working with marginalised young people with a dual diagnosis.
Our Integrated Dual Diagnosis Workers provide medium to long-term counselling and therapeutic case management support to marginalised young people exhibiting substance misuse and mental health concerns.
This is a full time role, until 30 June 2020 and will be based in Sunshine, with a component of the role provided in outreach settings.
Key Selection Criteria
This role will suit a candidate with the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in social work, youth work, psychology and/or relevant social sciences qualification are essential
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to engage and work effectively with disadvantaged young people, particularly those affected by substance misuse, mental health concerns and entrenched barriers to engagement.
- Demonstrated experience in completing assessments and providing therapeutic counselling to marginalised young people exhibiting substance misuse and mental health concerns.
- Knowledge and experience in meaningfully engaging the young person in innovative casework approaches and developing individual case plans.
- A sound therapeutic framework and an understanding of dual diagnosis and family inclusive principles.
- Capacity to work well in a team of professionals with a range of qualifications and experience
A base salary of $79,060 per annum, plus superannuation, plus salary packaging is offered, together with ongoing professional and career development.
How to apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit our our website www.jss.org.au.
For further information please contact Julia Carroll, on 03 9415 8700 (Monday, Tuesday and Friday).
Applicants are required to respond to each of the Key Selection Criteria, with names and contact numbers of two referees. Your responses to the selection criteria should be incorporated into your covering letter. Please apply in confidence.
Applications close at 9am, Monday 20 January 2020.
Applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date and may be subject to change without notice.
Jesuit Social Services is a Child Safe organisation. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing a family friendly working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.