Full Time 1.0 EFT – Fixed Term to 30th June 2022
The Integrated Care Clinician will be a part of the AOD multi-disciplinary team with strong links to the BCH community mental health team and will be required to deliver the Western Victoria Primary Health Network (WVPHN) funded Older Australian’s Initiative that will focus on the mental health and social connectedness of clients in the Ballarat Goldfields region aged between 65-75 years.
The aim of the program is to reduce the disproportionate impact of physical distancing measures associated with COVID-19 on the mental health and wellbeing of older people.
This will be achieved through an outreach model improving health and wellbeing, mental health and AOD assessment, care coordination, referral and linkages to social connection programs.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Provide high quality engagement, assessment, treatment and support services to individuals and their families, using best practice principles including family inclusive practice and dual diagnosis principles
- Conduct comprehensive assessment (including risk assessment) of clients using appropriate Mental Health and AOD assessment tools
- Develop individual recovery plans with clients and assist in the identification of collaborative treatment goals across a range of social and emotional wellbeing domains
- Provide brief intervention and case management using the harm minimisation framework
- Provide care coordination, including liaison with and referral to other services relevant to the treatment goals, including social supports, community involvement and physical health needs
- Participate in case management and service coordination practice with broader team and other professionals supporting the client's journey through relevant treatment services
- Provide outreach services to clients
What you will bring to the role:
- Registered Nurse or Social Worker with additional qualifications in Mental Health and / or AOD is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in collaborative practice, assessment and case management
- A broad knowledge of the health and welfare networks and referral pathway options across the region
- Knowledge of current evidence based Mental Health and AOD interventions
- Demonstrated ability to work with clients with co-occurring disorders including AOD, Mental Health and Acquired Brain Injury
Ballarat Community Health (BCH) provides a broad range of services to the community of Ballarat, with outreach services delivered in the Central Highlands region and beyond. In partnership with the community, we create opportunities and supportive environments which empower people to develop and maintain healthy lifestyles, as well as preventing and managing illness.
How to Apply
To access a copy of the Position Description and to Apply for the role please go to https://bchc.org.au/careers/
For further enquiries about this role please contact Suzanne Powell, Manager Alcohol & Other Drug Services on 03 5338 4500 or 0400 817 363.