- Part-time (0.8 EFT), ongoing position
- $117.30 hourly rate + Super + Salary Packaging
- Footscray location (Healthworks)
- Close to public transport and great café/restaurant options
So why cohealth?
cohealth leads the way in reducing health and social inequity in partnership with people and the communities in which they live. We are committed to providing inclusive and culturally safe health services that protect the human rights of all people of all gender identities, sexualities, ages, cultural backgrounds, faiths, and abilities.
Our inclusive workplace culture enables staff to bring their whole selves to work, where uniqueness is valued, and people experience a feeling of belonging. Our aim is for everyone to thrive in their role. Please click here to find out more.
About the role
Health Works currently sits within cohealth's AOD and Homelessness Cluster. Health Works in Footscray and its sibling service Inner Space in Collingwood were both established in the early 2000s to respond to the health and harm reduction needs of people who have a lived experience of injecting and injectable drug use, including but not limited to the use of heroin and other opioids, amphetamine-type substances, cocaine (rarely), novel and emerging psychoactive substances and performance and image enhancing drugs. Health Works was one of five primary health services established across metropolitan Melbourne for people who inject drugs in response to the Pennington Enquiry into heroin-related deaths in Victoria.
The Health Works General Practitioner works in conjunction with the Health Care Team to provide comprehensive primary health services to people with a lived history of injecting/injectable drug use.
Please refer to the Position Description for more information.
Your duties include:
- Service Delivery / Clinical care
- Professional Responsibilities
- Community Development
- General Organisational Requirements
- Commitment to the values and objectives and values of cohealth
Our ideal candidate:
- Having professionally recognised vocational training / qualifications as recognised by the RACGP and current registration with the Medical Practitioners Board of Victoria.
- An understanding of and commitment to the philosophy of harm reduction and the social model of health.
- An interest in and/or knowledge and experience of the management of blood-borne viruses, specifically HIV, hepatitis C and hepatitis B.
- An interest in and/or knowledge and experience of management issues for drug dependency, including opioid replacement pharmacotherapy, in the context of primary care.
- Experience in working with individuals, families or groups who are culturally and linguistically diverse, including refugees and asylum seekers.
- Knowledge of the complexity of issues affecting individuals with a dual diagnosis, ie: injecting drug use and mental health issues.
Click on apply now to be directed to our careers page. You will be asked to upload your CV/ resume and a cover letter. We will be conducting interviews for this role as applications are received. If you have any questions regarding this role, please contact Michael Peacock M - 0400 092 609
To apply for this job go to: https://cohealthcareers.org.au/Current-Jobs & enter ref code: 6086678.
Applications close 28 September 2022.