Public Health Leadership Opportunity
Hepatitis Victoria is an established peak body which aspires to better liver health for all Victorians free from hepatitis and stigma.
The position of General Manager will play a key leadership role in contributing to the vision, shaping a dynamic organisation into the future.
Working across the organisation and directly reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the General Manager will guide the operational and programmatic work of the organisation while also providing strategic support.
The General Manager will have responsibility for a number of direct reports in relation to the education, health promotion, workforce training and participation programs of Hepatitis Victoria. The General Manager will also provide policy advice to the Chief Executive Officer and lead the planning, performance and evaluation activities of the organisation.
As well as offering you a stimulating environment and role, Hepatitis Victoria offers generous employment conditions and benefits including access to the benefits of salary packaging.
If you think that you have the skills and experience to make your mark in this significant leadership role, then this is the position for you.
People living with and affected by viral hepatitis, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Further information on Hepatitis Victoria and the Position Description for the role can be found at www.hepvic.org.au or by calling (03) 9380 4644.
If you would like to discuss this role further, call Melanie Eagle, Chief Executive Officer, on (03) 9380 4644
Applications, addressing the key selection criteria, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm on Monday 17th June 2019.
Key Selection Criteria
- Relevant qualifications and/or experience in business management and project/program management and/or relevant operations-based experience.
- Drive, innovation and a commitment to growth of the organisation
- Experience in leadership and executive level management within the community or health sectors.
- Experience in working with a range of key stakeholders, including Government and community agencies.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying new business and growth opportunities.
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to develop quality documentation, written reports and correspondence in a clear and concise manner including the ability to interpret and respond to Government requirements.
- High level skills in managing a diverse staff team, including the provision of individual supervision to direct reports.
- Ability to analyse and contribute to research and policy development.
- Proficiency and competency in using a range of computer applications, including accounting software, the Microsoft Office suite of applications, a variety of data bases including CRM databases, all combined with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work to deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to develop a thorough understanding of the medical, emotional and social implications of living with viral hepatitis and broader liver health.
- The capacity to travel when required and to stay overnight if necessary.
- A current driver’s license valid for the State of Victoria