Start your career with The Salvation Army today!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
Why this role matters
Melbourne Counselling Service (MCS) is a program of The Salvation Army Australia (TSA) operating across the Alcohol & Other Drugs social mission streams.
MCS operates the following program:
- Gambler’s Help City & Inner North (GHCIN) – GHCIN is part of the Victorian State Government’s Integrated Problem Gambling Strategy; it is one of nine Gambler’s Help (GH) programs funded by the Victoria Responsible Gambling Foundation (VRGF). GHCIN comprises four service components: therapeutic counselling, financial counselling, community education and venue support
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Venue Support Worker to work in partnership with gaming venue staff and management to support the development and maintenance of responsible gambling environments. This position will train and educate venue staff and support gaming venues to meet and exceed the requirements of industry codes of conduct.
You will successfully
- Coach, mentor and develop Venue Support Worker
- Identify new venues and oversee training schedule
- Provision of RSG and associated face-to-face training to venue staff which ensures compliance within regulatory timeframes
- Provision of formal meetings with all gaming venues within funded catchments at least once every six months to allow the venue to meet current Responsible Gambling Code of Conduct regulatory requirements
- Provision of training and support to enable venue staff to develop and maintain the skills, knowledge, and confidence to identify and respond to signs of gambling harm. This includes enabling support for patrons to access Gambler’s Help, YourPlay and self-exclusion programs
- Supporting venues and encouraging safer gambling environments by promoting best practice approaches within gaming venues and encouraging continuous improvement. This includes regular meetings with venue management and support for the implementation of best practice harm reduction activities both associated with and outside the Responsible Gambling Codes of Conduct
- Programmatic record keeping and data entry, both RSG and associated training and GH Connect service reporting must be completed regularly and in line with direction from the Foundation
This is a permanent part time position, 30.4 hours per week based in Melbourne CBD. Salary and conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award Level 6.
We are committed to providing a safe environment for our people. Please note that The Salvation Army has a mandatory vaccination procedure.
What we offer
- (Maybe eligible to) NFP salary packaging ($15,900 tax free) plus meals and entertainment benefits
- Employee Assistance Program - Independent confidential counselling service
- Flexible working conditions
- Financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
- Discounted health and fitness programs through Fitness Passport
- Up to 8 weeks leave per year through our purchase leave scheme
- Generous Parental Leave offering of 12 weeks
- Up to 5 days paid leave per year to support a TSA program or activity
- An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate and professional team members
- Positively supporting and impacting the lives of others through your career contribution
Applications will close as soon as a suitable candidate is secured. Do not delay in submitting your application today!
The Salvation Army is a Christian movement and one of Australia's largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people. We value people of all cultures, languages, capacities, sexual orientations, gender identities and/or expressions. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation and is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.
Key Selection Criteria
You will have
- Venue support workers must hold a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment at a minimum
- Previous experience delivering training and facilitating groups
- A current VIC Drivers Licence
- Valid VIC Employee Working with Children Check
- Ability to provide proof of Eligibility to Work in Australia