Part time position, up to two days per week.
The Finance Manager plays a key role within LiverWELL, providing financial and budget reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, and is an integral part of the Management team.
This role provides strategic financial advice and planning and is responsible for the production of accurate and timely accounting information, regular reporting, analysis and commentary, sound financial controls and implementation of process improvements. Additionally, the role manages the accounting, budget and payroll processes.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years management accounting experience, strong interpersonal leadership, and communication skills to interact with suppliers, stakeholders, funders, our Board, and all levels of staff. Analytical and problem-solving skills as well as a thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures are essential.
With an office location in North Melbourne, we offer a stimulating environment and role, as well as generous employment conditions and benefits, including access to salary packaging.
People with liver health conditions, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Interested? Please call Russell Shewan, Chief Executive Officer, on (03) 9274 9783 to discuss the role further.
To apply: Send your CV and a covering letter addressing the key selection criteria to email@example.com
Applications close: Enquire or apply as soon as possible to be considered for an interview.
Key Selection Criteria
- Relevant qualifications and/or experience in finance and relevant operations-based experience.
- Experience in executive level management and leadership within community or health sectors.
- Experience in working with key stakeholders, including Government and other funding agencies.
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to develop quality documentation, written reports and correspondence in a clear and concise manner, including the ability to interpret and respond to Government requirements.
- High level skills in financial management in Xero/MYOB and/or other related financial software.
- Ability to analyse and formulate budgets for the finance and risk committee and liaise with the Operations Manager for team budgets.
- Proficiency and competency in using a range of computer applications, including accounting software, the Microsoft Office suite, a variety of databases including Monday.com, with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work to deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying new business and growth opportunities.
- Ability to develop a thorough understanding of the clinical, emotional and social implications of living with viral hepatitis and broader liver health.
- The capacity to travel when required, with a current Victorian driver’s licence. A vehicle will be provided for work-related travel.