Love Trust Honesty Respect Concern
Family Preservation & Reunification Early Years Practitioner / Case Manager
Full Time - Fixed Term – 1 year
- Make a difference to Families & children’s lives
- Be a part of an exciting and innovative response to Family Preservation & Reunification (FPR)
- Be part of a Multi-disciplinary and Multi agency team led by the McKillop Family Services Family Preservation and Reunification Early years Team Leader.
- $77,140 - $86,072 plus super, 17.5% leave loading and salary packaging (negotiable depending on skills, qualifications, and experience)
Odyssey House Victoria (OHV) is a place of hope and positive change for individuals working towards breaking their pattern of addiction. At OHV we believe that every person should have the opportunity to change and grow. Our diverse teams work with individuals, families and communities to reduce alcohol and other drug (AOD) use, improve mental health and reconnect people to their family and the community. Odyssey House is a dynamic and fast growing organisation committed to excellence in service provision and innovation in responding to addiction problems.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a skilled, driven, compassionate person who wants to excel in their chosen career and genuinely cares about their community. Are you willing to work together to make a difference to someone’s life?
What we offer
We are committed to creating an inclusive and transparent workplace culture where our people can develop to be their very best. We believe in giving people flexibility so they can be great at work, and at home. OHV employees have access to generous employee benefits including salary packaging, flexible work arrangements (including 48/52 purchased leave), health and well-being services, and training and professional development opportunities.
The position offered is part of a Pilot funded by DHHS. It is a full-time fixed term 1-year contract, with the possibility of extension if funding allows. The position is based in Southern Melbourne. Hours of work are flexible and will include afterhours and some weekend hours as required.
This pilot will test if an intensive family preservation response linked to a clinical therapeutic service can reduce the demand for residential care services for some of the most complex children and young people in Victoria.
The FPR team will bring an innovative and wrap around service that will outreach to families with unborn and preschool children and families
A day in the life of this position includes:
- Conducting broad educational and psycho-social screening assessments, inclusive of risk assessments, of children and families and the multi-disciplinary team on an ongoing basis
- Assisting parents to identify and achieve parenting goals through assessment of parenting needs, and the collaborative development and implementation of intervention plans that strengthen parenting capacity and effectiveness. This includes the provision of parenting skills training and the development of relapse plans
- Providing families with social and community support through establishing and strengthening family-community links. This may include improving relationships with extended family, improving links with school, supporting participation in recreational activities and playgroups, and supporting access to child and respite care and other formal support services
- Actively participating as part of a multi-disciplinary team to meet the various complex needs of the
This is a great opportunity to be a part of an Innovative, multi-agency response for Families & children effected by problematic Alcohol & Other drug use and engaged in the Child Protection system.
The full position description and instructions about how to apply can be found at https://odyssey.org.au/work-with-us/careers-at-odyssey/.
Please note: applications will only be accepted via the Odyssey House Victoria website. Please do not apply via recruitment websites or via email. Please remember to include your CV and a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria. Applications close at 5pm on Friday, 5 March 2021. If you have any questions relating to the position, please contact Anne Tidyman, Manager Child and Family Services 0466 268 932.
Our commitment to diversity
At OHV we value diversity and believe that a range of backgrounds brings a variety of ideas, perspectives and experiences that will enhance our effectiveness. We promote a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions by encouraging people with disability, Aboriginal Australians, LGBTQIA, young people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.
OHV is committed to child safety and is a child safe organisation. All OHV employees must undergo Police Records and Working with Children Checks. Any person issued with a negative notice on their Working with Children Check will not be eligible for employment with us.
All Odyssey House Victoria sites are now smoke free effective 31 May 2020 for all employees