- Leading community services organisation
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- Full Time, Maximum term – 12 months
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
We are proud to have been part of local communities for over 100 years delivering services across Victoria and Tasmania. With a team of 7,000 skilled and committed individuals we provide over 770 programs and services to people of all ages to learn, thrive and enjoy a healthy, happy life. We’re there for children, families, people with disability, older people and those experiencing homelessness, mental illness or drug and alcohol addiction.
Uniting is looking for great people who, like us, celebrate diversity and welcome everyone regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
About the opportunity
The Family Counsellor provides short-term family counselling as required during the client’s participation in AOD treatment with ReGen and facilitate the participation (where appropriate) of AOD client’s families in the planning and delivery of their individual AOD treatment plan.
You can view the full position description here
The ideal candidate will be have relevant qualifications in Nursing or Allied Health Services, Certificate IV or above in AOD is highly regarded.
Experience in assessing, counselling and developing individual treatment plans with individuals and family members with AOD and/or Mental Health issues is essential.
Strong communication, organisation and interpersonal skills and the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team are a must.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by emailing the below email@example.com:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
- Address the Key/Core selection criteria as detailed in the position description
Applications close on Wednesday 26 June 2019.
Get in touch
Leonie Ryan – Catchment Manager
T: 03 9384 8831
M: 0438 967 163
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
Key Selection Criteria
- Relevant health and or welfare Tertiary Qualification such as Social Work, Psychology, Nursing or Allied Health Sciences.
- Certificate IV in AOD or have completed the core competencies (or able to complete within the first 24 months of employment.
- Experience in assessing, counselling and developing individual treatment plans with individuals and family members
- Experience working with people with AOD and/or Mental Health issues