You-Group are a new Professional Training Company with our Head Office based in Frankston. We are growing at a rapid rate and need to add more talented people to our crew. If you are an above the line performer, like cupcakes and approach your work like an alpaca protecting your flock, please keep reading.
We believe that education & training can reduce the stigma attached to Mental illness and Drug Dependence in the community. We aim to reduce the educational gaps and are passionate about empowering people with the knowledge and skills to improve and advance their overall health and well-being.
Our training team consists of like-minded professionals who have a broad range of Qualifications and years of experience working in various roles across the Justice, Mental Health, Alcohol and Other Drugs and the Community Welfare Sectors.
About the role:
The position involves facilitating the Drink and/or Drug Drive Behaviour Change Program (DDDBCP) via Zoom and face to face delivery, in accordance with VicRoads requirements. The program is based on cognitive behavioural and motivational approaches and includes some education, as well as screening for serious alcohol and other drug problems.
You will be supporting small groups of participants to identify and discuss the motivating factors that led them to drink and/or drug drive; investigate motivations for changing their behaviour and develop an action plan and or strategies to assist them to not drink and or drug drive in the future.
You will be a team player and work closely with the YG team to support participants to complete the program. The YG team complete all the paperwork for you, so you can focus on your program delivery.
This position is a casual position, with potential to be part time in the near future. We have multiple locations across Melbourne but given current Government restrictions, the courses can be facilitated from the comfort of your own home via zoom!
Facilitators are expected to progress through VicRoads accreditation process to become certified in all programs including the intensive program, bonus points if you are already accredited with VicRoads.
Key Selection Criteria
- Relevant Diploma level or higher qualification in Psychology, Social Work, Health, Human Services, AOD or Mental Health or a related qualification.
- Two years’ experience conducting group facilitation in a mandated capacity
- Experience in working with clients who are intoxicated or early stages of change
- Demonstrates knowledge in conducting assessments with clients experiencing AOD and legal problems.
- Completion of VicRoads Program Delivery training, including Motivational Interviewing training if required (on the job completion possible if the successful candidate meets all other criteria)
To work with You-Group you must have:
- A driver’s licence with no more than six (6) demerit points and to have had no licence disqualifications or suspensions. (Driver licence check undertaken by VicRoads)
- Working with Children Check and recent police check