ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Dual Diagnosis Nurse provides recovery orientated care based on evidence-based practice to people presenting to the Werribee Mercy Hospital with alcohol and/or other drug related problems.
The primary role of the dual diagnosis specialist nurse is to provide treatment, consultation, advice and referrals to clients presenting to the Werribee Mercy Hospital with alcohol and other drug related problems, with consideration for any co-morbid mental health disorders.
The nurse will provide primary assessments and then short periods of care co-ordination to support clients into longer-term treatment programs.
- Full time hours offered within the Werribee Mercy Hospital Emergency Department
- Registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse.
- Works as a member of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Works to provide quality, client-focused dual diagnosis treatment
- Successful completion of a specialist undergraduate psychiatric nursing program or a post-graduate psychiatric / mental health nursing qualification.
- Successful completion of post graduate Drug and Alcohol training or working towards
- Demonstrated time management skills, commitment to ongoing education and training
- Recent prior experience in mental health and drug and alcohol
- High standard of care
- Commitment to quality improvement