- SW2, RPN3, P2, OT2
- Based at Box Hill, Ringwood East, Forest Hill and/or other Eastern Health location
- Permanent Full Time with Monthly ADO (part time applications will be considered)
- Salary range $86,824- $110,432 depending on qualifications and experience
Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest public health services. We provide a range of emergency, surgical, medical and general healthcare services, including maternity, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care, community health and state-wide specialist services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age, socio-economic status, population and healthcare needs.
About the role
The Eastern Dual Diagnosis Service is looking for the right person to join the service as a Dual Diagnosis Clinician working directly with people and their families/carers experiencing co-occurring mental health and alcohol and drug problems. In this role, you will work closely with clinical mental health community and rehabilitation services and consumers and carers within these services providing dual diagnosis assessment and intervention in a shared care model.
You will play an integral role in supporting the implementation of effective and integrated services to people with co-occurring mental health and substance use problems, which includes the development of collaborative working relationships with alcohol and drug services in the eastern region.
The successful applicant will have experience in clinical service delivery in mental health and/ or alcohol and drug settings and in the provision of recovery focused ways of working.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Relevant qualifications, experience and registrations for your discipline as outlined in position description
- Current registration with AHPRA/ Eligibility for membership of AASW
- Specialist knowledge of the issues and complications arising for consumers experiencing co-occurring mental health and substance use concerns
- Demonstrated ability to provide a range of services at a high standard, including specialist assessments and therapeutic interventions, to people with a serious mental illness and a serious substance use disorder within a demanding work environment
- A strong commitment to high quality care
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Please refer to the attached position description for further details of the role.
Vaccination against infectious disease is a mandatory requirement of this role. An offer of employment is conditional on you providing evidence that you are currently vaccinated against COVID-19 with booster & Influenza, prior to commencing employment.
What we offer
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits, view the extensive range here!
- Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Flexible working hours
- Salary packaging options
- Career progression in our teaching hospitals
If you believe you have the ability to make a difference in this rewarding industry, apply today!
- All applications must be submitted online via E-Mercury
- All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Fit2Work Check, where preferred candidates will be required to complete a Criminal History Check at the expense of Eastern Health.
- You must have Australian work rights to apply for this position.
- Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Eastern Health is a child safe organisation, committed to promoting the wellbeing and cultural safety of Aboriginal children, children with disabilities and all children in their diversity.
Eastern Health is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that welcomes and values all people. We recognise that diversity is essential in ensuring Eastern Health provides the best service to its consumers.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, women, those from the LGBTIQ+ community, people living with disability and those from a culturally and linguistically diverse background, are strongly encouraged to apply. Those seeking support in submitting an application are welcome to contact the hiring manager listed or feel free to contact the Talent Acquisition team.
Values in Action: Respect for all | Safe always | Partnering in care | Learning and improving every day
**Please note applications will be screened upon receipt and advertising may close prior to the closing date.**