- Join a supportive, thriving and growing team with opportunities to progress
- Permanent full time and part time opportunities available
- Job open to allied health professionals (OTs, Social Workers and Psychologists)
About the facility
Barwon Health Drugs and Alcohol Service (DAS) provides clinical treatment and harm reduction services for people seeking assistance with their substance use. We provide comprehensive assessment, counselling, non-residential withdrawal, brief intervention and bridging support, and care co-ordination for people seeking treatment for their substance use. DAS has a range of harm reduction services including the needle and syringe program, naloxone training and provision, opioid replacement assessments and linkages to prescribers, Hep C screening and treatment, overdose support and education.
DAS is located in central Geelong in newly refurbished offices and is in close proximity to University Hospital. The location provides great access to the Geelong shopping and arts precinct, the Geelong Waterfront and public transport. To find out more about the Geelong region, visit our Moving to the Region page on the Barwon Health website.
About the role
As a the successful applicant you will provide evidence informed assessment, treatment and support for DAS consumers in line with DAS care planning processes and best practice Department of Health guidelines. Other duties include;
- As part the DAS consumers’ care team, ensure effective liaison, communication and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders as required for consumers’ care
- Ensure the completion of accurate clinical documentation and data reporting in the electronic record
- Displays correct documentation techniques to ensure legal, professional and organisational standards are met and maintained
About the culture
We at DAS are very passionate about the work we do. We are highly experienced and dedicated to providing evidence informed practice and ongoing service improvement for consumers and their families seeking assistance with their substance use.
What we offer
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional Development
- Ability to purchase leave and take leave without pay
- Access to employee wellness facility
- Doorstep to the Great Ocean Road, Bellarine Peninsula and the Surf Coast
- Attractive salary packaging benefits!
- Living Expenses capped at $9,010 and includes repayments on mortgages, credit cards, personal loans and rental payments
- Meal Entertainment & Accommodation capped at $2,650 and includes food and drink consumed in a social or entertainment settings and some accommodation expenditure
Diversity and Inclusion
At Barwon Health we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce where we value each person’s uniqueness. We embrace diverse life experiences and the perspectives of our people, whilst providing high-quality health care to all members of our community, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation.
If we can assist you with any reasonable adjustments in order to submit your application for this role, please contact the Mental Health Recruitment team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org noting your preferred method of communication and contact details and a member of the team will be in touch.
This role must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and meet the requirements of the Barwon Health Immunisation Policy.
Key Selection Criteria
Essential: Can you please list Barwon Health's values?
Essential: Can you please choose one of Barwon Health's values and describe a situation in the workplace where you have displayed this value?
Essential: Formal professionally recognised qualifications in Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Social Work or Psychology, including full registration with AHPRA for relevant disciplines
Essential: Please describe your Sound working knowledge of Recovery Principles, Integrated Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Treatment Principles, Harm Reduction Principles, Family Inclusive Practice Principles; and a demonstrated capacity to implement these
Desirable: Certificate IV in AOD or willingness to complete core competencies; Post graduate clinical or AOD qualifications
Essential: Please describe your skills in evidence informed assessment, treatment and care of people with AOD and complex psychosocial and mental health needs
Essential: please describe your AOD evidence based practise knowledge and/or skills based training in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Motivational Training, Dialect Behavioural Therapy, Sensory Modulation, Mindfulness or Acceptance Commitment Therapy
Essential: I agree to commence employment; I am required to meet Barwon Health’s immunisation requirements (including full Covid-19 and Influenza vaccination) set out in the Staff Immunisation Policy. I acknowledge that meeting this requirement is mandatory and a condition of employment subsequently offered.
Essential: Do you have a current drivers licence recognised in Victoria
Essential: Please specify what hours you are looking for per fortnight (80, 64, 48 etc)