- Two part-time positions available 0.8 and 0.5
- Clinical supervision and professional development opportunities
- Supportive team-oriented environment
- Generous Salary Packaging
Banyule Community Health is looking to recruit a highly motivated and experienced Drug and Alcohol Counsellor to our BCH community. This is a great opportunity to work in a professional and supportive team-based environment alongside other experienced and passionate staff in the Wellbeing and Support Program. The positions available are both part-time, working from our West Heidelberg and Greensborough sites, with some flexibility to also work from home.
Your motivation, interpersonal skills, and counselling expertise will see you excel in this role as you:
- Provide short to medium term AOD/Dual Diagnosis counselling to individuals and family members using a variety of evidence based interventions that support people with their unique goals,
- Work with your team and other BCH staff to develop and deliver innovative, flexible and responsive services to meet the needs of the community, and
- Participate in planning, evaluation and project work (at times) to support the work of the team and ensure safety and quality in care.
What you will need:
- Prior counselling experience in the AOD or Dual Diagnosis sector, with an understanding of trauma informed care.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills, organisational and time management skills, including the ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- A tertiary qualification in Counselling, Social Work, or other relevant field.
- Cert IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs, or at minimum have completed the 4 core competencies. (this is a requirement for the role).
We pride ourselves on our supportive attitude and culture, built on our core values of Dignity, in everything we do, Quality, matters, and it takes Passion. We celebrate diversity and welcome all and pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services. Our Wellbeing and Support team members are passionate about what we do and we make a significant difference to our clients' health and well-being.
For enquiries, call Emily Pegg on 0437542345
To apply for this job go to: https://bchs.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5583269.
Applications close 08 August 2021
Banyule Community Health is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to ensuring recruitment processes are fair to all candidates.
Please address the key selection criteria in your cover letter.