About this role:
This position requires facilitating the Drink and or Drug Drive Behaviour Change Programs. This includes assisting participants to identify how their AOD use has impacted their driving history and to motivate change by addressing past behaviours and developing positive strategies. This is a rewarding role and remuneration is excellent.
This role is open to an already VicRoads accredited Behaviour Change Facilitator, or for an interested candidate who meets the Key Selection Criteria who is willing to be accredited. This is an exciting role which requires autonomy and a love for running groups. Training, support and supervision will be provided.
The Drink Drug Drive Behavioural Change programs are overseen by VicRoads and are delivered in accordance with VicRoads' policy.
This is a flexible role as we are open to facilitators who wish to run groups online via Zoom. There is an expectation for this role to resume to face to face groups once it is deemed appropriate by DHHS (Covid-19). Once face to face, you choose the location which suits you and Drive Safe Drive Right will endeavour to source an appropriate site for you.
We are always happy to discuss possibilities, opportunities or any enquires, so please contact Victoria Borg on 0417172311 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Selection Criteria
There are currently 4 programs on offer:
- Drink Drive Behaviour Change Program
- Drug Drive Behaviour Change Program
- Intensive Drink Drive Behaviour Change Program (part 1)
- Pre Interlock Removal Program (part 2)
To run the “Drink Drive and Drug Drive Behavior Change Programs”, the minimum requirements are:
- Relevant Diploma or Bachelor level in psychology, social work, health, human services or related discipline
- Cert IV in AOD required ORThe following unit (if not already included in the relevant qualifications)
- Managing small groups and group work
- Work with clients who are intoxicated
- Provided services to people with co-existing metal health and alcohol and other drugs issues
- Work in an alcohol and other drugs context
- Working with Children check
- Good Driving History
- Police Check
- Evidence of successful completion of a Motivational Interviewing Course post 2012. (Or a willingness to complete this course)