This position will support research activity across Turning Point by providing data management, analytic support, and producing bespoke machine learning solutions to improve operational efficiency.
This position will assist in the development and implementation of a machine learning and AI research program funded through a Google research grant. The position will also assist and contribute to machine learning experiments in interrogating national ambulance surveillance and telehealth datasets to inform
intervention development as part of a new investigator grant.
This position will also contribute to the execution of Eastern Health's Data and Analytics Strategy and perform ad hoc duties as directed by Decision Support's Senior Data Scientist.
Key Selection Criteria
- A degree in a relevant field with subsequent relevant experience; or extensive experience and specialist expertise or broad knowledge in technical or administrative fields; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Strong knowledge of ‘big’ data management, visualisation and analysis
- Experience with relational database systems (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server), and programming languages such as Python and R
- Strong knowledge of machine learning theory and methodology
- A strong commitment to excellence in customer service and a hands-on approach to service provision
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective member of a team as well as the ability to exercise high levels of independence, judgement and initiative
- Highly-developed written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to interact with a diverse range of stakeholders, communicate AI methodologies and requirements to a lay audience, and negotiate positive outcomes to complex issues.
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to set priorities, manage time and plan work to meet deadlines
- Excellent administration skills and a demonstrated capacity to develop and co-ordinate effective data management processes and systems
- Experience of managing or working with ACCESS databases